three

"C'mon, Faith. Wake up. We're home now." Bobby spoke gently as he shook his niece's shoulder. Faith shot up in the back seat of the car, narrowly missing hitting her head on the roof of the car. 

"Home? What?" she sounded confused as she groggily took in her surroundings. With a gasp, all of last night's events began to replay in her mind. Faith began hyperventilating and frantically trying to get out of the car. 

"Hey, sweetie, what's wrong?" Bobby asked worriedly, trying to grab her and hold her in the car.

"It-It wasn't a dream." Faith choked. Fresh tears began rolling down her cheeks for the third time within the past twenty four hours as she let her uncle hold her in place. 

"I am so sorry sweetie. I never wanted any of this to happen to you." Bobby admitted sorrowfully. "But, let's get you out of the car and inside, sound good?"

Faith nodded her head slowly before she allowed Bobby to take her by the arm and pull her out of the car. Once she was standing outside the car, Bobby shut the door and lead her up to the front door of his house. Once they were both inside and Faith had stopped crying, she raised her head and made direct eye contact with Bobby.

"What were those things?" she asked him seriously. 

"What things?" Bobby asked, a wary look on his face. 

"Those things that killed my parents. What were they?" Faith repeated, a calm and serious look took over her facial features. Bobby sighed deeply as he ran a hand over his face. 

"I shouldn't tell you. Your parents didn't tell you for a reason." Bobby spoke, mostly to himself.

"Tell me what, Bobby? What were they hiding from me?" Faith asked, her voice raised an octave. 

"You're not gonna believe a word I tell ya, but it's all true. I promise." Bobby spoke carefully. Faith raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest, a skeptical expression playing across her face.

"Those things, that killed your parents, they were demons." Bobby started. 

"What? Demons? That's impossible." Faith scoffed, rolling her eyes. 

"What color were their eyes?" Bobby pressed. 

"Black. They were probably just wearing contacts to scare them." Faith told him. That was the only logical thing she could thing of to explain the odd coloring. She knew, for a fact, that demons weren't real.

"No, honey. They were demons. The whole mythological world your parents told you stories of, that's all real. Demons, werewolves, vampires, ghosts. The whole lot." Faith's expression wavered. 

"All those stories my parents told me, about the hunters and the creatures they hunted, that's all true?" Faith whispered, a scared look on her face. Bobby nodded as he spoke. 

"Yes, it is. And your parents were right to keep all this from ya. It's a dangerous thing, being a hunter. It's even more dangerous being a hunter with a kid. Trust me when I tell you they did it to protect you." Bobby pleaded with his niece. 

"And look where it got them. Killed, that's where." Faith retorted quietly so Bobby couldn't hear her. 

Bobby began to speak, but was cut off by Faith speaking up so Bobby could hear her. 

"Teach me how to be a hunter, like my parents. Maybe, if they had taught me, I could have killed those demons, and my parents would still be alive." she pleaded, a deadly serious look on her face. 

"Faith, no, I can't. It's not what your parents wanted for you." 

"Bobby, please. I want to. I want to learn what my parents knew. I want to help." Faith continued to try and persuade her uncle. Bobby paused and stared at his niece. He didn't want her in this business; it was too dangerous and he didn't want to lose her. But he also knew she wouldn't give up on this. If he refused enough times, she would go find another hunter who would teach her. He didn't want that. If anyone were to teach her about this life, it would be him.

"Fine, fine. But, there are rules." Bobby warned her. Faith smiled widely and jumped up and down in her seat, excitement taking over. 

"First, you listen to everything I tell you. Second, you will not participate in a hunt unless I'm there with you. And third, the minute you ignore my instructions, you're done. Alright?" Bobby spoke carefully, making sure she understood everything he told her.

"Of course." Faith nodded, a smile still across her face. Bobby sighed and reached towards the girl, pulling her into a hug. 

"You're too young for this." he sighed, holding her to him tightly. 

"When do we start?" Faith asked as she pulled away from her uncle. 

"Now, I suppose. We'll start with the basics, nothing too hard."

With that, Bobby lead the girl through his cluttered house into the living room. 

"You first need to learn about everything and anything supernatural. After that, I'll teach you about all the weapons and what kills or incapacitates what." Bobby instructed as he sat Faith down at his desk. He walked away for a few minutes before he returned with several books. 

"I want you to read through all these and memorize all the names of the creatures. We'll get to legends and myths about each later once you've learned everything." Faith nodded and opened the first book, eager to begin her new life.

-

ehhh short chapter, but it's kind of just a filler.