Chapter 2

Kathrine's POV:

Will and I arrive home and Will and dad go off to talk. Poor guy has to tell dad he's a sidekick. "So hon, how did it go?" Mom asks me. "Great. I made hero." I tell her. "That's wonderful. I knew you would. Your so gifted." Come help me set the table, dinners almost ready." She tells me.

I nod and help her. Finally Will and dad come up so I can tell Will didn't tell him due to the fact that dads too happy. After dinner I go to my room and change into my PJs and crawl into bed. The next day comes too soon.

I wake up and quickly get dressed and head down stairs where Layla and Will are waiting for me. While on the bus I talk with them. "I'm so sad that we won't be in the same class. I mean, I have to start fresh with no one I know." I tell them. "Don't worry, you'll do great." Layla tells me.

I smile at her. When we get to the school I say good bye to them at our lockers and head off to Hero class. When I get there the only seat open is next to Warren Peace. I take a deep breath and sit down next to him. "Who told you you could sit there?" Hw asks me.

"Um, it's the only seat left." I tell hm. "Whatever." He growls. Wow he's a jerk. But a cute jerk. Stop it Kat." I tell myself. The days go by and I get to know Warren more and more and soon we are friend, I don't know why, but I think I have feelings for him.

He's cute, sweet, well to me, and an all around good guy. So the semiformal is coming up and Warren and I are eating lunch in the cafeteria when suddenly Will dumps his lunch on Warren's head. I hold my hand to my mouth. Warren already doesn't like my brother.

"Don't do anything you'll regret." I tell him. He obviously doesn't listen to me and then attacks Will. I run over to Layla. "I've never seen him act like this." I tell her. "Wait, are you friends with him?" She asks me. I nod. She looks surprised and I get why.

He's known for being a loner. He starts to throw fire at Will. I'm scared for my brother now. Will starts running when he trips and he then goes under a table. "Where's your sidekicks sidekick?" Warren ask. Then Magenta, Zach, Layla, and Ethan, I finally learned his name, walk up to Warren.

"Right here." Zach says. "Warren stop this." I tell him. "Stay out of this Kat." He growls. I glare and march out of the cafeteria. I go to my locker, grab my books and head to my next class. I avoid Warren for the rest of the day and when Will and I get home he breaks the door.

"Kathrine, please leave Will, your father, and I to discuss some things." Mom says. I nod and head to my room. When I get there I see several texts from Warren. I ignore them and get into my PJs before falling asleep. The next day at school Will is transferred to Hero Class.

When I take my seat next to Warren he tries to talk to me. "Cat look-" He starts. "No Warren. You nearly killed my brother over something that happened between our parents. I'll be able to forgive you, but it'll take me some time." I tell him.

"How about this, we talk about it over dinner." He says, showing a rare smile. "Are you asking me out Warren Peace?" I ask. "Maybe." He says. "Fine, Paper Lantern six tonight." I say. "I'll be there." He says. The rest of class goes by smoothly and so does the rest of the day.

I race home and up to my room. I'm looking through my closet. That's when my mom comes into my room. "Kathrine honey, what's going on?" She asks. "I have a date tonight." I say. "Oh my baby's first date. Come on let's pick something out." She says.

We go through my closet until I find the perfect outfit. I do my hair and mom helps me with make up.

"You ready?" Mom asks

"You ready?" Mom asks. "Yeah. Thanks mom." I hug her then leave the house. I walk to the Paper Lantern and there Warren is waiting outside. "Hey." He says. I smile and we walk inside. Through out the dinner I have the best time ever.

There are those rare occasions when Warren will smile and right now he's been smiling the whole night. After dinner he says he has a late shift at work and I walk home. When I get there my parents, Will, and Gwen are eating dinner. I smile then go upstairs.

Then next morning I go to the bus stop with Will. There we are met with Layla. She hands Will a fortune cookie. "Your loyalties are clear when it comes to friends." He reads. Then he looks upset. "Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. I totally spaced." He says.

"You probably want to kill me right now." Will says. "Actually, just the opposite. I have something to tell you." She stays. "Yeah?" "Yeah, but you first." She says. "Ok, it's about homecoming." He says. "Really? Mine too." Layla says, getting more excited.

"I'm going with Gwen Greyson. Can you believe it, me a freshmen, going with the most amazing girl at Sky High." Will says. Layla's expression drops. I'm gonna kill him. "That's awesome." Layla says. I feel for the girl. She's liked Will forever.

The bus pulls up. I get on first, Will and Layla following. We take a seat. I'm sitting next to Zach, behind Layla and Will. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot, what's your homecoming news?" Will asks. "I'm going too." Layla says. That's great for her. Trying to get over Will.

"Really? Who with?" Will asks. "Who with?" Layla asks. "Yeah, who asked you?" Will asks. "Oh, who asked me, oh. Warren Peace." She says. My heart drops. "Hey, you ok?" Zach asks. "I'm fine, what give you the impression that I'm not?" I ask.

"Because you're freezing the seat." He says. When we reach Sky High I see Warren waiting for me. I glare and go around him. I don't want to talk to him right now.

Warren's POV:

When I reach the school I wait out front for Kat. When she comes off the bus she sees me, glares, the walks around me. What? I wonder what's wrong? I though we had a good time last night. She even avoids me in class and at lunch.

At lunch the hippy girl comes up to me. "Hi Warren." She says. "Did I do or say anything last night to make you think that this is ok?" I ask her. "Haha, you're so funny, but seriously you'll never guess what happened. I was just about to ask Will to homecoming when wouldn't you know it, I told him I was gong with you." She says.

"Did Kathrine over heat that conversation?" I ask her. "I think so, she was right behind us." She tells me. "I was gonna ask her today cause last night we had a date. Thanks. Now she's ticked at me. She won't even talk to me." I tell her than all her little sidekick friend gather around me.

I get up and walk over to Kat's table. "I need to talk to you." I say. She nods and follows me. "Look, I'm not going to homecoming with Layla, she only said that to get your brother jealous. So I'm only fake going with her. I really wanted to ask someone else." I tell her.

"Who?" "You. Kathrine Stronghold, will you go to homecoming with me?" He asks. She smiles. "Yes. I will." She says. We hug then go off to our next class hand in hand. We worked out everything with the Will Layla situation then the day ends and we both go home.

I then get a call from Layla. She is crying. I rush out from my bedroom through the window so I'm not caught by my parents and I race to her house. "Hey Lay, you ok?" I ask. The her phone rings and its Will. She frowns and I hug her.

We have a sleep over at her house. She needs me right now.