The Ferris Wheel

Matt and Ryan strolled around the carnival, fingers intertwined. Ryan was a bit grumpy since they had only been there 10 minutes and had already given into the rigged games instead of trying some rides.
"Lighten up a bit, we have just enough tickets to do the Ferris wheel!" Matt said bumping Ryan with his elbow.  Ryan rolled his eyes.
"We would have more if you didn't have shitty aim." Ryan mumbled.
"We both know all these games are rigged." Ryan shrugged.
"Yeah, I guess, but they're better than the Ferris wheel."
"Ride it then we'll go home?" Ryan sighed heavily
"Fine." Matt squeezed Ryan's hand and began to run towards the Ferris wheel.
"Jesus, Matt, no need to run." Ryan chuckled as they jumped in line. Matt smiled at him then looked up at the night sky. Matt loved to look at the stars. It almost hypnotized him.
The setting is perfect. Matt thought, referring to a small plan he had.
They finally got to the front of the line and were put on the Ferris wheel. Ryan wasn't very amused, but Matt had a small glimmer of excitement on his face. The ride started up and Ryan just stared out into the distance, still not amused.
"Nice night huh?" Matt said, putting his arm around Ryan.
"I guess," Ryan said. Matt frowned.
"You alright?" Matt asked. Ryan sighed and looked over at Matt.
"Tonight was a little bit of a disappointment I guess." Ryan said with a little bit of sadness to his voice.
"Yeah, I suppose so." Matt said, realizing that most of the time spent tonight was yelling at each other over carnival games. They were both silent for a while as Matt started to gaze at the stars again. He felt Ryan shift in his arms and looked over to see that he was leaning his head on his shoulders. Matt smiled and rubbed the side of Ryan's arm.
The Ferris wheel came to a stop and the two were on the very top. Matt felt as if him and Ryan were the only two in the world. He drowned out the sound of the cheap carnival music and the small talk going on below them. There was only him and Ryan.
He felt Ryan take a deep breath, indicating that he was a little annoyed. He could tell that Ryan just wanted to go home. Matt closed his eyes and began to speak.
"Ryan."
"Hm?"
"I want you to know that there isn't anybody else I'd rather be with right now." Ryan sat up and Matt looked over at him.
"You usually don't say things like that." Ryan said. Matt knew that was true and he mentally slapped himself for being able to agree with that statement.
"I know, I just feel like this is a special moment." Ryan didn't say anything as Matt put his hand onto his chin. Matt leaned in, until their lips met in a tender kiss. Ryan could feel all of the feelings that Matt had for him in that one kiss. Sure, they had kissed before, but this one made Ryan feel like he was someone special.
Matt pulled away and looked into Ryan's eyes.
"I love you."
Those words made Ryan feel warm, despite the chilly weather. He wasn't sure if there was a time that Matt had said it like that.
"I love you too." Ryan quickly hugged Matt. If he did it any quicker, the seat might have tipped over. He nuzzled his nose int Matt's neck and let himself sink into him.
"We actually still have enough tickets for snowcones." Matt whispered. Ryan chuckled softly.
"Let's get some then!"
___
A/N: To make up for not being here because of band and such, I decided to do this idea I've had swimming in my brain for a while. I'm sure you guys were waiting for some romance. Also, sorry if I got anything about Ferris wheels wrong, I'm actually afraid to go on them .-.
(Btw, I'm going to start doing author notes like this.)