Missing Him

I miss you.

It's been but only a few hours since you left and I already f-e-e-l miserable.

Miserable and lonely and sad and... pathetic!

Here I am, curled up under a duvet, hugging your pillow, wearing your fave white shirt - the one you recently changed out of - inhaling deeply - I so love your scent - citrus and mint... It soothes my aching heart.

I miss your warmth.

Your warmth that seeps through me whenever you pull me close for a snuggle, whenever you tease me slowly with your light feathery kisses, whenever you whisper sweet nothings in my ear until I fall into slumber...

I really miss you.

Are you missing me too?
Are you staring outside your window thinking about me?
Do you feel guilty leaving me behind while you pursue your dreams?

No wait...
That was me...

It was my choice to stay...
It was my decision to let you go...

Which I am now painfully regretting.

I even encouraged you to do it, but you could have said no - I mean you could... Couldn't you?

I miss you so much. I really do.

I shouldn't have let you leave, I should've said something to make you stay.

I should have... But I didn't.
I let you walk out the door, out of my life.

And here I am, in pain, I could feel my heart breaking - agonizing - bit by bit.

Sleep - I need to sleep, maybe a few hours in oblivion, would help me forget my misery...

I hope.