I shut my laptop halfway and put on some fuzzy socks and strolled down to his kitchen.

"Good morning Jessica! Do you want any pancakes?" his mother asked me.

"Uh, yeah sure, I'll have one please," I said.

"Sure thing," she said sweetly. She handed me a blueberry pancake in the shape of a gingerbread man to get us in the holiday spirit. His mother is the sweetest person I've met.

"These pancakes are so cute Mrs. Downing! And tasty," I said smiling. She loves getting compliments, so I thought what the hell. She deserves one.

"Oh thank you!"

"How'd you do it?"

"You see, so I didn't make the pancakes from a mix; I started from scratch, and I have these special metal non-stick pancake cutters..." she was saying, and went on this whole thing about the different pancake shapes she can make. I was smiling and nodding my head trying to look enthused, and I think that's how I came off as.

"That's so cool. My pancakes aren't as fancy as yours, or as good as yours. These are delicious," I said.

"Well thank you, aren't you just the sweetest thing," she said smiling. I smiled back and dug into the rest of my food.

When I finished my food, I skipped the stairs up to what is now my room. I sat on my bed, and then I realized that this would be the first Christmas without my family. I won't even get to see or hear from my parents, and I don't even know when Spencer is supposed to come back home.

I sat there just thinking about my life, and how screwed up it is for about five minutes. Then I lied down on my bed, and plugged my iPod into my iHome, and took a sweet little nap. I fell asleep to the song Beautiful by Christina Aguilera, and snuggled under my comforter.

--

"Hey sis, so I have to drive to the gas station really quick, but I'm going to drop you off first. Sarah said she'd be here?" he asked reassuring himself.

"Yep she'll be here if she isn't already," I said.

"Declan is here also," he said throwing it out there.

"Awesome," I said, sarcasm dripping in my voice. "Kay bye." I jumped out of his car and ran into the party.

"Hey! Jessica!" someone said tapping my shoulder. I turned around, and I felt some of my hair hit my face, so I brushed it off, and looked at the man. Cole!

"Hey Cole! Where's Sarah?" I asked.

"Oh, I don't know I've been looking for her..." he simpered.

"Didn't you all come together? You all were going on a date..." I said suspiciously.

"It...the date didn't happen," he said looking nervously at his feet.

"Awe, she cancelled on you?" I said putting on a frowning face. "Don't worry, I'll talk some sense into her." I smiled reassuringly, and I felt someone staring at me. I looked around the room ignoring Cole's protests and saw someone I didn't recognize. That's creepy, I thought. I brushed it aside and went to get a coke.

"Oh, here I'll get you something," Jack said walking up behind me.

"No, it's fine," I said smiling. "I'm a big girl, I can do it myself." He laughed as in he didn't believe me.

"You want a coke?" he said almost pleading.

"Yeah, I guess. No alcohol. Period. I'm watching, so you should be intimidated," I said drilling my eyes into his soul.