Chapter 4: December 22nd

Roc went to go pick up Christian from daycare after he left the studio.

"Look daddy! Look what I made!" said Christian.

"What is it?"

"It's a picture daddy. there's the snowman we made and there's rovey and there's the house and there's the trees."

"That's nice. we'll put that on the fridge when we get home. make sure you get all your stuff together because mommy will be over to pick you up soon."

When Roc pulled into the driveway, Christian ran out of the car to the front door.

"Well hold on Christian. I have to open the door first."

Rover came in the house through his doggie door from the back door. He came in wagging his tail. His paws were a little wet from the snow outside.

"Christian, go get your stuff okay?" Roc said.

He ran upstairs to his room. It didn't take long for Angelina to get there. She walked up he stairs and rang the doorbell. Roc left the living room to go answer the door and. It was cold outside and she walked in the house. Usually she just stood in the doorway.

"You look cold" he said.

"I am. where's Christian?"

"He's upstairs getting his things."

Rover ran over to Angelina. He hasn't seen her in a long time.

"Rover! Hi buddy! I haven't seen you in a while" she said petting him.

Christian came back downstairs.

"Mommy!" he said running over to her.

,"Hi sweetie. Did you have fun with daddy?"

"Yes. Me and daddy played outside and we built a snowman! Did you see it?"

"Yes, I did see it. Did you find the epipen in his suitcase?" she asked Roc.

"Yeah I did. I already took care of that."

"Good. Come on Christian, we're going home now."

"Bye daddy."

"Bye son."

Angelina looked at Roc before she walked out of the door. She gave him a half smile and then closed the door behind her. Roc watched as they were getting in the car to leave. Rover watched too and then he started whining.

"I know, I miss her too..............very much" Roc said.

When Angelina got back to the house, she had to carry Christian inside because he had fallen asleep on the way home. She opened the front door, took off her shoes, took off his shoes, and carried him to his room. She took off his jacket and hung it up in his closet and then put him on his bed. She pulled the covers up to the top of his back so that he wouldn't be cold and so that he wouldn't be all the way under the blanket to where it could suffocate him. She only closed the door halfway and then went into the living room and laid down on the couch. Her phone began to ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi honey" said Mrs. Harrison.

"Hi mom."

"What day are you all leaving to come up here?"

"On Tuesday, the 23rd. So tomorrow I guess."

"I wish you would just move back here in Ohio."

"Mom, you always say that."

"I know but I miss you and I only get to see my grandson every Christmas and once during the summer time."

"I know, we miss you too. But this time Juliana's and Ashlynn are coming, so you'll get to see all of us."

"Yes, she called me last week and told me. How is my grandson doing though?"

"He's good. Actually he's asleep right. now . I just picked him up from his father's."

"Oh, right I forgot about him. He's not coming with you is he?"

"Nope."

"That's a shame. I always liked that boy."

"Ugh, mom, I don't wanna talk about it."

"I know honey. I was just saying."

"Well I'll see you tomorrow mom. The plane gets in at noon."

"Okay honey. I'll see you tomorrow then. Love you."

"Love you too."

She hung up the phone and got up from the couch to go check on Christian. He was still asleep. Angelina went in her room to go pack her suitcase. She put three epipens in there for Christian just in case. Usually the food that was cooked at Christmas had nuts in it like the sweet potato casserole and sweet potato pie. They were only going to be visiting for five days.

Angelina silently went into Christians room and put some of his clothes in her suitcase since his clothes were small and it wasn't necessary putting them in his little suitcase.

When she was finished packing, she zipped up he suitcase and lifted it up from the floor and put it by her bedroom door. Then, she went in the living room to go watch tv.