chapter 12 - Sanctuary

Start from the beginning

--

Rebekah's Room

Rebekah was still dreaming.

The door creaked open.

In flesh and blood, Freya walked in. 

Rebekah tossed and turned, getting visions in her reams of Young Freya being taken away from the pregnant Young Esther and Young Finn by Dahlia in 2.06 "Wheel Inside the Wheel".

Freya walked closer, standing at Rebekah's bedside, watching her as she slept.

--

Worlds Colliding (The Originals)

--

Bayou

Many of the werewolves who weren't under Vincent/Finn's control and their children had returned to the bayou, where they were once again living in the encampments for their own safety.

Many of the werewolves were collecting firewood and other necessities in preparation for the Unification Ceremony.

Two young boys were throwing around a baseball.

The baseball fell to the ground, rolling away.

One of the boys chased after it.

The baseball landed right under the foot of Klaus, who had just arrived.

Klaus knelt down to grab the baseball, looking at the boy, smiling, standing, carrying the baseball with him to the middle of the crowd to address everyone. "I wonder if you lot can help me. I'm looking for the hybrid who you all call your queen." The werewolves looked at him in silence. Klaus sighed impatiently. "I'd prefer you tell me where she is before I grow irritated. After all..." He tossed the ball to young boy. "There are children present."

Klaus looked at the crowd expectantly, raising his eyebrows.

--

Lake

Mikayla was near the lake at the edge of the woods, skipping rocks along the water.

Jackson walked closer. "You scared me." Mikayla turned to him. "I was worried you ran off in the middle of the night."

Mikayla shook her head. "No. I was just out here, thinking..." She threw another rock over the river. Jackson picked up a stone to skip across the lake. "Jack, I know I'm supposed to divulge my great secrets, but..."

"Mikayla, do you really think there's a secret you have that's so bad you can't tell me?" Jackson asked.

"It's not safe, Jackson," Mikayla told him.

"When have we ever been safe, Mikayla?" Jackson asked. "Now, our people have been cursed, hunted, exiled. But you and me, this wedding? We can change all that. We can create a new pack, one with your ability to turn at will. So, we give each other our secrets. If we don't, then the transfer of power won't work, and we're back to where we were." Mikayla bit her lip anxiously. "Look, even if we call off the wedding, there's still something that I need to tell you." Jackson took a deep breath. "I can't imagine that my secrets are anything like yours, but there's one. That has to do with... how your parents died."