Both her mother and father were sitting back to back in the middle of the room. They were each tied to a wooden chair. Blood pooled around both their chairs. However, the most horrible sight was the three men standing around them, bloody carving knives in hand. A strangled gasp escaped Faith's lips, earning the attention of everyone in the room.

The three men snapped their heads towards her inhumanly fast. A loud scream escaped Faith's throat. Their eyes. They were pitch black. 

"Run, Faith! Go to your uncle!" her father screamed. Faith hesitated, however. 

"Mom, Dad." she cried, tears running down her face. 

"Honey, run!" her mother yelled as one of the men advanced towards her.

Giving her parents one last longing glance, Faith turned around and sprinted out the door. She ran, barefoot, down the street as her shaky fingers dialed her uncle's number. While she waited for him to answer, she warily glanced behind her. None of those, things, were following her. Yet she still didn't slow her pace.

"Bobby speaking." her uncle answered. Faith couldn't speak. Tears were still running freely down her face and there was a lump in her throat. So all her uncle heard was the sound of his niece crying. 

"Faith, what's wrong?" Bobby demanded. Faith took one last glance behind her. She had ran several blocks and she could no longer see her house in the distance. 

"M-my parents. They're in trouble." Faith managed to tell him.

"Honey, what kind of trouble?" Bobby asked. Faith could hear keys jangling in the background. She only hoped that meant he was coming to help her. 

"There were three men. In the living room. They tied them up. Bobby, I'm scared." Faith whimpered. By now, she had collapsed onto the ground. She was hugging her knees to her chest and she frantically scanned the dark night for any signs of danger.

"Don't worry, honey. I'm on my way. I'll be there as soon as I can." Bobby promised before he hung up. Still crying, Faith hugged her knees closer to her chest. She couldn't get the image out of her head. She knew it would be a while before Bobby arrived. He lived several hours away and even if he did get here in the next five minutes, deep down, Faith knew he couldn't help her parents.

Faith had almost fallen asleep again, several times. But the image of the men with black eyes would scare her awake again. It was nearly three hours later when Bobby arrived. He almost drove past her. If she hadn't been wearing her bright red sweatshirt, he would have. 

"Faith!" Bobby called out as soon as the car stopped.

She raised her head at the sound of her name being called. She had stopped crying about an hour ago, she had no more tears left in her. 

"Bobby." she called out weakly, pushing herself off the ground. Within seconds of standing, she was wrapped in Bobby's protective arms. 

"Oh, honey. I am so sorry." he whispered as he gently stroked her hair.

When he didn't get a response, he gently pulled away and noticed that she had fallen asleep. Bobby smiled sadly, she would need all the sleep she could get. He knew that this night would haunt her dreams for years to come. With a sad sigh, Bobby gently picked her up and placed her in the back seat of his car.

He drove the few blocks back to her house. He carefully put the car in park as he stared at the house. The door was still wide open from when Faith had run out of the house. Bobby didn't dare go inside alone. Not when he didn't have anything to protect himself with. He would be damned, too, if he left Faith alone in the car.

Bobby pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed 9-1-1. He gave the operator all the necessary information before he gently shook Faith awake. 

"The ambulance will be here soon. We'll get you checked out." Bobby spoke softly. 

"And my parents?" Faith asked. Bobby didn't answer. He avoided her gaze, instead looking at the house. 

"I don't know. I'm so sorry kiddo." he spoke again, turning to face her. Fresh tears were cascading down her face as she sat in the back of the ambulance a half an hour later. Bobby stood at her side, a comforting hand resting on her shoulder, as she watched her parents bodies be loaded into the back of the mortician's vehicle.

"What's going to happen to me now, Bobby?" Faith asked, turning her gaze on her uncle. 

"You'll stay with me. I'll protect you." Bobby spoke firmly, a determined look on his face. A yawn escaped Faith's lips, earning Bobby's attention. 

"C'mon, kiddo. Let's get you out of here." Bobby spoke with the cops, explaining that he was her uncle and he was going to take her back to his house.

The cop hesitantly agreed, saying they would be in contact about legal custody and the investigation. Both Bobby and Faith nodded, before Bobby lead an extremely tired looking Faith to his car. 

"Lay down in the back and get some sleep. I'll wake you up when we get home." Bobby gently told his niece. She nodded, getting in the backseat and laying down with her arms wrapped around herself.

As he drove down the road, Bobby glanced in the rear view mirror. He began to memorize this image of Faith. He had a feeling it would be the last time he would see her this peaceful. With a sigh, Bobby focused on the road again, continuing to drive back home.

-

Sad chapter, I'm sorry. Also, I'm sorry for not updating in forever. I've been really busy with school and extracurricular activities, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to update again. Hopefully, it'll be sometime soon.