two

"You didn't have any problems, did you?" Natalie asked Bobby when the couple returned a week and a half later. 

"Not a single problem." Bobby told her proudly. 

"You two didn't run into a problem, did ya?" Bobby asked warily. The couple share a glance before the girl's father sighs. 

"We couldn't kill them." he spoke quietly. 

"They promised vengeance." her mother added on quietly.

"You two are amazing hunters, I know you can kill 'em." Bobby encouraged, although the couple didn't seem convinced. 

"She's asleep." Bobby told the couple quietly before they walked into the panic room. 

"Hey, baby girl." Natalie cooed softly as she picked her daughter up from the crib. 

"Mama?" the three year old questioned sleepily. 

"Yeah, it's Mama." Natalie smiled as tears brimmed in her eyes.

"Come here, Faith. Daddy missed you." her father cooed as he gently took his daughter from her mother. 

"Daddy!" the girl cheered happily wrapping her tiny arms as far around his neck as she could. 

"Let's go home, okay? Does that sound good, Faith?" her mother asked her. The toddler nodded her head, giving her parents and Bobby her wide, toothy grin.

"Take care, now." Bobby told the couple as they placed Faith in her car seat. 

"Of course. Thank you again, for watching her, Bobby. We really appreciate it." her father spoke to the older man once again. 

"You know she's welcome here any time. Same goes for all of you." Bobby smiled warmly at the couple.

"Thank you." Natalie spoke once more before she got into the car. Bobby nodded his head at the two before Faith's father got into the driver's seat and started the car. 

"Come back soon, now, ya hear?" Bobby yelled before they could pull out of the driveway. 

"Of course, Bobby. We'll be back soon."

****

August 4th, 1995

"Mom, Dad! I'm going to bed." Faith called out to her parents from the top of the staircase. 

"Come down here and tell us goodnight." her father replied. With a playful, yet slightly annoyed, roll of her eyes, Faith made her way downstairs to the living room. 

"Goodnight, Mom." Faith told her mother before she gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. 

"Night, sweetheart."

"Goodnight, Dad." Faith then proceeded to do the same thing with her father. 

"Goodnight, princess. We love you." her father smiled at her. 

"I love you guys too." Faith returned the smile before she walked upstairs to her room. She changed out of her outfit into a set of black and red pajama bottoms and a sports bra. After turning the lights off, Faith got under the covers of her bed and almost instantly fell asleep.

Hours later, Faith awoke to the sound of screaming. 

"Mom? Dad?" she yelled worriedly, throwing the covers off her body. Before she left her room, she slipped on a red lifeguard sweatshirt and grabbed her phone, just in case. Faith ran down the stairs faster than she ever had before. When she got to the living room, she almost passed out from the sight.