...Or Without You

Opening the door to the roof, she was not surprised to find the green changeling dangling his legs off of the side of the building. His ears twitched as she walked towards him, the only indication he heard her. She sat next to him cautiously, for once unsure of what to say. But as she sat, he stood and began to walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Raven asked in confusion.

He paused mid-stride and turned slightly to face her. He didn't make eye contact and looked down at the ground.

"I said I would leave you alone Raven, and I meant it. I know you hate me for bothering you all the time, so now you'll get all the peace and quiet you want." He said sadly before turning around once more.

"Beast Boy, that's ridiculous. I don't, nor will I ever, hate you." She said walking up to him and placing a hand on his shoulder. It was warmer than she expected, very firm and strong. She could easily imagine looping her arms around his neck, leaning in, and...no! He was her friend, she couldn't think like that, he wouldn't ever want her that way.

He seemed to struggle with himself for a moment before turning to face her.

"R-really?" He asked in a scratchy voice that left Raven wondering if he had been crying. That sent a sharp pain to her heart, she didn't want to think that it'd been her fault.

She didn't reply and instead she gently traced her slender fingers down his arm, locating the injury. Her hands glowed blue, indicating her healing magic was doing its job. Beast Boy gasped, not from the pain, but her touch. He'd been crazy for her for awhile, that's why it'd been so hard for him to give her up. Bothering her was his passion, he needed her to feel, for her sake. So he annoyed her, getting her angry, so at least she'd feel something. He feared if she didn't express any emotions at all, eventually she wouldn't have them. All those emoticlones he'd met in her mind would disappear and he wouldn't wish that upon anybody. Especially not his love.

"Better?" She asked, her voice unsteady, maybe he wasn't the only one feeling the effects of their skin contact.

"Yeah. Thanks."

They stared at each other a moment before Raven broke the silence.

"Why do you do it?" She asked

"Do what?" He questioned, confused by what she meant.

"Bother me. Why do you do it?"

"Oh...well...I guess it's because...I just...I don't know, Rae. I guess I just want you to feel something. Even if it's anger towards me. I mean, it's not ideal but it's better than nothing. Heheh." He chuckled, trailing off as he looked away and scratched behind his ear.

"But why does it matter if I feel? Why do you try so hard? I...I just don't understand." She said timidly, hating to admit she didn't know something.

"Oh, well that's easy! It's cuz I care about ya, Rae." He answered before realizing what he said and then blushing so much his green complexion turned brown. Luckily for him, Raven didn't notice.

"...I'm sorry...for before. I didn't mean to hurt you. I-I never want to hurt you, Garfield." Raven said ashamedly.

"It's alright Rae, I forgive you. But...I still don't want to bother you anymore." He said.

"But Beas-" Raven began.

"I don't wanna bother you cuz I don't want to make you angry all the time. I...I want to make you happy, instead. I-if you'll let me..." He said shakily, unsure if he had been reading the signs right. If not, he fully expected to be thrown off the roof. He slowly reached over and took her hand in his. She looked down as he intertwined their fingers and slowly, she smiled.

"I'd like that." She said

Beast Boy stared disbelievingly for a moment.

"Um, just to be clear...does this mean...that uh, you like me? Like, romantically?" He asked with so much hope and excitement in his voice that Raven had to chuckle.

"Yes Garfield, I like you."

"Sweet! So...are my girlfriend or...?"

Raven rolled her eyes at her boyfriend's (boyfriend; wow that would take some getting used to) antics.

"Yes Gar, I like you, romantically, and I want to be your girlfriend. Is that clear enough for you?" She said mockingly. Beast Boy was too happy to be insulted by her teasing. He let out a loud whoop and spun her around.

When he finished spinning he looked into her eyes and began to lean in. Raven closed her eyes in anticipation. Suddenly, she heard his voice.

"Um, Rae? Can I ki-" He started to ask but Raven opened her eyes, growled, and forced his mouth onto her own. Beast Boy moaned into the kiss and pulled her closer, deepening it. They wrestled tongues for several moments before pulling back to breathe. As he stared at her, out of breath, he took note of her disheveled hair, and that's when he knew. He couldn't live without her.