Chapter Two: Number Fourty Seven

Start from the beginning

"You can come, Mom. Hide in my suitcase. I'll feed you every day, and even take you for walks sometimes."

She laughs at my stupid joke. "No thanks, I think I'll stay here. But you'll visit, right? Wherever you go?"

"Sure, Mom. If I get into any trouble, you'll be the first to know."

"But there won't be any trouble, will there?"

"Of course not!" We giggle together. I'm always getting into trouble at home, but I have a clean slate at school. It's almost like I'm two different people...

The phone in my room rings and I stand up. "That's my phone. Thanks for the dinner, Mom, it was delicious. Wanna watch some TV later?"

"I'd like that. Be sure to do the dishes."

I nod and dash to my room, answering the phone on the last ring."Hello?"

"Hi," a man's voice replys. "I'm wondering if you still do your dating business."

"Of course, sir. Who is your son?"

"I don't have a son."

"Ew! Gross! Please don't call here again." I go to slam down the phone, but I hear laughing. What kind of sick joke is this?"

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. Just wanted to play a little joke, get you to smile! Anyway, my son's name is Hugo Poulson. He's a junior, but he's very mature for his age. Only a one year difference, right?"

The blood returns to my face as I resume my sweet voice. "Yep! So what would you like me to fix?"

"Oh, nothing really. He's just very lonely and he could use some emotional support. I was thinking you could date him for a month or two and then end it mutually. I would pay you, of course, much more than your usual fare. Considering its a longer term."

My eyes widen. "Months? Oh, I've never done anything for that long."

"I know, I know, but this would mean a lot. I promise you, I would make it worth your while. I am very wealthy, I can give you anything you want! I just wand Hugo to be happy."

I pause, thinking. Can I really do ths? But hey, why not? 

"Alright. I'll come to your house this Saturday, around two. Hugo and I can spend the day together at your place, and I'll let you know my decision. I'll ask him out at school tomorrow and you can pay me my first fee at your house. Email me your address, alright?"

"Great! Thank you so much!"

"Don't get your hopes up, this might not even work yet. But thanks for your business."

Reaching for the end call button, I am surprised to hear his voice still coming through the phone.

"... and I was hoping that wouldn't be too much trouble."

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. What was that?"

He clears his throat. "Well, I have another son. He's from my first marriage and lives with his mother. I've been hearing bad things. He's been getting into some trouble, fights and such at school. He goes to Marrion Academy, over on the other side of town. Is it possible for you to help him as well?"

"I'm sorry, you want me to date two of your sons?"

"Yes."

"But wouldn't they find out?"

"No! They barely ever speak to each other."

"How long would I date him?"

"However long it takes to cure him."

I groan inwardly. These kind of cases take extra long to complete, and two long term guys at once is insane. But this could be good for me, very lucrative, especially before college.

"Alright. Have him run into me tomorrow at the park, under the fountain. I'll be reading, tell him to meet you there for something. I'll sit by him, we'll chat, and I'll ask him out. Mail me this money, too, alright? The usual fare?"

"Thank you! I'll pay you double, triple even! Anything to get my wonderful son back."

I scribble Hugo's name onto the calender. "What is your other son's name again?"

"Carter Jenkins, he goes by his mother's name."

"Great. Don't forget about the park tomorrow."

He smiles through the phone. "I won't! I'll call him right now. Thanks again, you really are a life saver."

"It's what I do," I say before hanging up. Slouching against the wall, I run my fingers through my hair. Two long term guys... this is crazy. No sane person does this. Especially not while taking a full load of AP classes! And while trying to cure these guys from being... well, guys! I am crazy for doing this. I should call that man back and tell him I can't help him.

But I don't. I know I can do this. I have never, ever failed. And I'm certainly not going to fail now; not when I have so much to lose.

***

UPLOAD COMPLETE! 

happy?(: i like this story! so tell me, what do you expect hugo and carter to be like? ( i don't love the name hugo, but you'll see why i named him that later!) my fingers are tired from typing, i'll update again soon. love my readers! you're the best!

WRITE ON!

<3 SnazzyReader