Chapter 4: Truths.

I screamed. The pain was excruciating. Like razors had been buried beneath my skin and were slowly being dragged out by invisible fingers.

I felt my heart pick up speed and my mouth go dry. My whole body began to shake and the heat flared up like a fire encasing me. Sweat dripped down my forehead and a peculiar feeling crossed over my body.

Kris was the first to realise I wasn't screaming because of the needle. I could hear him shouting at Lucius to stop the tattoo.

I looked at the faces of those around me but only one stood out. My fathers. He was staring at me with a look that seemed almost like disgust. He looked at gramps before nodding at my eldest brother to continue.

Lucius whispered an apology for the pain I was going through and continued to complete the tattoo.

The pain increased with every needle prick that buried the ink beneath my skin. Was a tattoo meant to hurt this much? Ace never said about a pain collecting near my heart or my stomach or even my head.

I began to feel faint. The pain collecting more in my heart now. Like it was building to explode.

I felt the pain swell one last time before I blacked out.

*

I woke up in someones arms. It was like the air was whipping past me. Were we outside?

I began to pat the arms, a sign that I wanted to be put down, but the person carrying me just tightened their grip on me and the wind began to pick up.

I risked opening my eyes and looked up to see Kristofer with a look of worry on his face. He was running with me.

"Kris put me down." I said, squirming in his arms.

He just shook his head and ran up a set of stairs.

"Kristofer. Put. Me. Down. Now." I began to lift my body out of his arms but he wrapped his arms further around me.

"I can't put you down, Rose. I would if I could but I can't so I won't." so he's gonna fight me on this?

I squirmed and pushed away from him at the same time. I fell out of his arms quicker than I anticipated and landed on the floor, the air rushing out of me as the pain in my back soared through my whole body. My body arched and curved in on itself, like the unconsious part of me was finding a way to protect itself.

"You fucking idiot." Kris dropped down and picked me, carefully avoiding the central pain in my back.

"Please tell me.... Ace, lucius and... Draco went through this... Argh... Pain!" I spat through my teeth.

"honestly?..... No. this hasn't happened to any of us. We don't know why you were affected like this" he was lying. His jaw muscles were twitching.

"Kris tell me the truth." he shook his head and kept running. So he's gonna play it that way.

I twisted in his arms so that I was properly facing him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I buried my face in his neck and pulled my chest tight against his.

"Kris?" I whispered my lips skimming his neck "Please tell me." I used my nails to gently scratch the back of his neck.

"Rose, your dad will kill me if I tell you." his voice had gone husky.

I lifted my head from his neck and looked him. My face inches from his lips.

"Please Kris?" I looked him straight in the eye, placing a hand on his cheek and using my thumb to stroke his bottom lip.

He looked like he was fighting something inside him. He closed his eyes and sighed. I smell victory.

"Remember what your father told you?about what Dracula did to you?" he said leaning into my hand.

"Yeah..?" I didn't like where this was going.

"because he exchanged blood with you, he managed to make some sort of connection with you. Making part of you, his. And in turn, part of him, you. Because part of him is inside you, everything that effects him and hurts him will effect you. It's why you sunburn so easily. It's why you feel sick after eating something with garlic or some other strong herb in it. It's why silver irritates your skin and leaves a rash." he opened my bedroom door and looked me dead in the eyes "Its also why we've been putting a drop of human blood in any meal or drink you have." he looked away ashamed and placed me carefully on my bed.

"what...?!" I half screeched. "blood?! HUMAN BLOOD?!"

"Rose, baby, calm down." he raised his hands as if to show peace. "it's not your fault or ours. It's that bastard that killed your mother and fed you his blood. We've been keeping you as safe as we possibly can. Including telling you the wrong information about Dracula. We don't want you to get caught up in his web. Your far more important than you think you are."

"what the... How the fuck am I important?" I was off the bed, planted in front of Kris. "Im a van helsing. I kill demons of the netherworld on a daily basis and Dracula gave me some of his blood to connect me to him. How the fuck can I get anymore important?"

"Rose..." he took my face in his hands and looked straight at me with the face of a burning man. "Your a Van Helsing. But there's something about you that makes you being a van helsing so much more special."

"kris if you don't tell me..." I began to threaten him

"Do you still have that family tree map your mum left behind for you?"

"what's that got to do with shit?" I was getting rather impatient.

"go get it." and he turnt me around a patted me on the bum to get me moving.

I walked over to my book case and pulled out a rather old aging scroll. I walked back over to kris and shoved it into his hands. "well?"

He laid it out on the ground and let the scroll roll to the other side of the room.

"Rose? Do me a favour and point out the direct decendents of the van helsing family name. The ones born into the family."

"why?"

"just do it"

I bent over the scroll and began looking at the scroll. I started from the top which dated to about 1257a.d. I looked over the scroll and read out the names aloud for kris. When I was done I looked at him confused.

"what was the point in that?" I asked

"did you notice anything strange?" he raised his eyebrows

"No. Why?"

"take another look. Pay close attention."

I sighed and bent over the scroll again. This time I went over it in detail. It then hit me. All the direct decendents were male born. David, Lucas, George, John, Marius, James, Gabriel, Abraham, Matthew, Jacob, Lucius, Draco, Ace. All men.

"The direct decendents are all men!" I shouted.

"All but one... You. You are the first and only direct female decendent of the van helsing family." he said

"And the key to finishing this war of light and dark." Said my father.

_______________________________

Hey everyone. So sorry it's taken this long to update. I've had so much to do and so much has happened I just never found the time. But the next chapters finished and up.

Hope you like it :)

Lots of love

Lucy.

Xxxxx

Song of the moment: Hysteria - MUSE (I LOVE MUSE SO FREAKING MUCH!!)