Untimely

Akali's P.O.V

"It's your first day of training." Zed called to me as I looked around more carefully of my surroundings.

The sun was covered by clouds and only some of its rays made it through. I could see everything more clearly than yesterday.

The buildings were badly burnt and there were none that was not burnt. The trees lost all their leaves and cherry blossoms, making the trunks stand alone.

I could remember what it used to look like though. There was balance between everything back then. The trees were filled with cherry blossoms which flew gracefully as they fell, the bright green grass bore flowers and there was also a waterfall which rushed with nothing but pure water. The sun would shine on it, making it glisten brightly.

Most of our powers come from the Ionian Isles, since this place has more balance than other lands. Everything is evenly distributed and there was peace. Zed ruined everything. I remember trying to flee for our lives. We couldn't do anything, since he was using the forbidden art of the shadows.

"Akali." Zed called again."What are you doing?"

I realised that I was thinking too deeply and was in my own world.

"N-Nothing." I stuttered, not knowing what else to say. I walked towards him as he continued heading deeper into the foggy gloom. The deeper that I was getting in this fog, the more sick I felt.

"You're gonna have to get used to this fog, since you'll always be training in here." Zed explained."It's full of shadow essences. They will be the source when you use the forbidden art of the shadows. At first, it may be hard for you to breathe, but you will get used to it."

"So, what are we learning first?" I asked.

"You have to get geared up first." He replied as he summoned a chest which contained clothes and other accessories."Here where these on top of your clothes."

I wore a tight type of armor. It was made out of cloth around my chest and legs. There were shoulder and leg pads made out of metal. The leg pads covered the front part of my thighs and connected with my shoes. I had gloves and a new mask and head band. The mask covered my nose and mouth.

The outfit altogether was a silver and black colour. There was also a belt wrapped around my waist which held some small leather bags. Also strapped to my left leg, was two special weapons.

"Breathing is easier now isn't it?" I heard Zed ask. Without noticing, I realised that it was easier to breathe. I took in deep breaths and didn't feel sick at all."It's because of the mask. It helps filtrate the shadow essences. Although, there will be times where you need to take it off, but I'm pretty sure that you will get used to it by then."

As the day went by, Zed taught a forbidden art of the shadows move. It was how to make a clone of yourself, a shadow clone. Back then, Zed taught me how to make a clone already, but he said that a shadow clone is more strong and effective than a normal one.

It took most of my energy to form one, but I managed. He said that I will get used to it slowly and that my energy will increase with time. Zed made me keep this outfit on most of the time now, and I'm only allowed to take it off when I'm asleep.

I stared up into the night sky, finding myself wondering what Shen and Kennen are doing right now. Well, they were obviously keeping balance in all of Valoran. That reminded me that I forgot to tell them that my clone won't last long. They will probably kill me once I'm back. That's if I'm ever going to be able to go back.

I barely think of my childhood now, especially with everything that's going on. My mother trained me well, especially since how she showed no mercy. I certainly had surpassed her as The Fist of Shadow. They made me join the Kinkou Order at the age of 14 and by then I could slice a dangling chain with my bare hands. That was also when I met Zed. He taught me almost everything that I needed to know. I was then entrusted with the sacred duty of Pruning the Tree, as I worked with my friends Shen and Kennen

On this quest to keep balance in Valoran, the three of us ended in the Fields of Justice, where we would fight others to keep balance. This life has been extraordinary, but it was hard to live through. I had to face my fears and weaknesses, not knowing if I'll succeed or not.

I, my life, my purpose, my soul is to keep balance in the land. I shall serve my purpose humbly and won't fail wrecklessly. I have to be brave and strive forward, no matter how long or dark the road may be.