LII. Rock Beats Lizard(It Really Does, Look It Up)

However, Oculus' turn was not what was on the minds of Infernas and Chief Wakaluku.

*****

Chief Wakaluku was waiting in the barracks--simply a group of bunk beds with a desk and some space to walk--that had been given so graciously by the Molten Emperor, pacing back and forth. He was waiting for orders, orders from the one that had given him these barracks. Even though he was a chief, he still gave his respect to the one that was so much more powerful than he was. Well, much more powerful for now. One couldn't guarantee whether or not that was true later. 

Wakaluku heard a knock on the door. "Come in," he told the knocker. A Scorch Knight stepped in. Of course, Wakaluku couldn't help but take a look at their rank--simply a foot soldier. Of course. 

"Lord Infernas wishes for your presence as soon as possible," the foot soldier told him.

"Then I will get to him as soon as possible," Wakaluku replied, stepping past them and heading towards Lord Infernas' throne room. The Scorch Knight followed, which annoyed Wakaluku a little more than it should have.

"Do you know why he called me?" Wakaluku asked.

"No, no idea," the Scorch Knight answered cluelessly. Wakaluku hoped it wasn't an order to retract his soldiers, for that movement had been working well, as far as he knew. He remembered the last time he had visited Lord Infernas in his throne room, which had been a few months ago.

Wakaluku stepped into the throne room, then stomped his way over to Lord Infernas. "What is your issue, that you approach me so angrily?" the Molten Emperor asked.

"I demand that you retract your troops and leave everything to mine," Wakaluku demanded.

"Is that so?" Infernas seemed to be perfectly calm, as if he was expecting this.

"My soldiers have mounts, deadly weapons, and much more strength than yours. You can't overwhelm the Rangers, magicians and stone soldiers with pure numbers!"

"It's been working so far, and the Scorch Knights aren't real people, so I don't have to live with the guilt of them dying, like a certain chief of the matadors." Wakaluku despised the calm way his voice rumbled, as if he knew everything about war.

"How many wars have you fought, then? ONE? TWO? NONE? You know NOTHING about it, do you? Leave it all to me, and I will bring us victory. After all, this war belongs to the matadors, anyway!"

Lord Infernas laughed. "I have been fighting wars ever since I killed myself and became one with fire. I have fought an eternal war against the entirety of the Five Lands, all because I have different plans from everyone else." The Molten Emperor rose from his throne and walked towards Wakaluku, showing the Chief something he had never seen before: his true height.

Infernas towered supremely over the Chief--at least three heads' worth of height. Fire emanated from every crack in his armor, making Wakaluku cough. 

"I could kill you now," Infernas told him. "With a swipe of my sword, you would be dead in seconds." The Emperor turned around.

"But! I will let you live and send out your armies--as long as they are your entire force. Once you have had them all killed, as will be your fate, I will finish off our enemies with my Scorch Knights. Now, get out of my sight, and we will give our orders. Understood?