chapter 10 - Gonna Set Your Flag On Fire

Start from the beginning

Klaus looked at Rebekah in worry. "We couldn't stop the spell."

From 2.09 "Map of Moments", outside of the Fauline Cottage, Davina and Kaleb/Kol were talking.

"You swear she's safe?" Davina asked.

Kaleb/Kol nodded. "Perfectly."

From 2.09 "Map of Moments", in Rebekah's room in the Fauline Cottage, Rebekah suddenly awakened with a gasp on a bed.She slowly sat up, looking at herself in the mirror for a moment.

In the foyer, Rebekah pounded on the doors with her fists, continuing to rattle the door handles, trying to get out. "I'm Rebekah Mikaelson!"

--~--

Day One

Arkansas

Mikaelson Safe House - Living Room

Mikayla was pulled Hope out of her playpen, smiling. "Hi, there." Hope smiled. "You get a good night's sleep?"

Hope giggled.

Kassandra: (voice over) "It has been said that all love begins and ends with she who gave us life."

--

Kitchen

Elijah was making breakfast.

Hayley walked in, just dressed after a shower from their tryst the night before. 

Kassandra: (voice over) "A thousand years ago, my mother turned us into monsters. The Mikaelsons."

Hayley walked closer to Elijah, standing next to him at the counter, taking a piece of bread from the plate of food.

Kassandra: (voice over) "Yet still, she claimed to love her children, even as she vowed to destroy us."

Elijah and Hayley looked at each other with a tension-filled look, wondering where the night before left them now. Hayley looked as if she wanted to kiss Elijah, but Elijah turned his head away, hearing Hope giggling from the other room with Mikayla, looking toward the door.

Elijah continued to cook.

Hayley seemed to take this as a bad sign, walking out of the room toward where her sister and her daughter were waiting.

Elijah was starting to lose himself to his memories.

Kassandra: (voice over) "The noble Elijah, tormented by long-buried shameful secrets."  

--

Flashback - 2.05 "Red Door"

10th Century

Day - Woods

Elijah fed on Clara until she died in his arms. He let her fall to the ground, blood staining his lips.

Tatia looked at him in horror, crying, turning around, running away.

Elijah ran after her, learning how to rush toward her with vampire speed because of his need for blood to quench the thirst, grabbing hold of Tatia, turning him to face her. He pulled her head to the side to expose her neck, making her cry out. He bit her neck, feeding from her, making her scream in pain.