Mick's Show

Callies POV:

"Thank's again David," I said as we got back into the car.

"It was my pleasure, It really was. Would you like to take a walk, or maybe just drive around?" David asked, his expression hopeful.

"Well, it's not really a quiet drive or a peaceful walk, but my friend Mick is actually playing a show right now," I checked the time on the dash, "We could catch the second half of it." I hoped David would want to go. Mick would be ecstatic.

"That sounds like fun. What venue is he playing at?" He asked, his attention on the road in front of us.

"Liquid Kitty," I replied, giggling at the name of the club.

"Oh, that's quite close," David said, "I'm glad our night isn't over, I wasn't ready to say goodbye to you just yet."

Bass thudded as we walked up to the bouncer at Liquid Kitty. He gave us a quick glance before waving us through but then whirled around saying, "Wait, wait, shit. You're David Bowie!"

"Yes, that's me," David smiled graciously, as I grasped onto his hand, feeling a sense of pride at being with him.

"I'm very sorry to bother you, but may I have an autograph? I'm such a huge fan." The man laughed nervously.

"Oh, of course," David said, "Do you have a pen on you?"

I turned my head, looking through the darkened doors and into the club. I could see Mick enthusiastically playing his Les Paul, feeding off of the crowd's energy. It seemed like the show was going well. When the bouncer was finished thanking David, we walked into the club, hand in hand. As we pushed through the crowd, finding our way to the front of the stage, David leaned down to speak into my ear, "Your friend and his band sound very good. What did you say your friend's name was?"

"His name is Mick," I replied, standing on my tiptoes to make myself heard over the noise, "He's going to be very happy that we came. Actually, I don't think he'll give a shit that I'm here once he sees you," I laughed.

David threw his head back laughing and took my hands in his, whirling around the floor. I laughed, savoring the moment. Song after song played until Mick announced it would be their last song for the night. A collective groan sounded from around the room. The crowd was really feeling them tonight! As the last song played, David's eyes followed me as I danced, a sense of anticipation playing across his face. I spun around to face him and he caught me off guard as he pulled me into a long kiss. My heart skipped a beat, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, savoring the electric tingle I felt as his lips pressed into mine. As we pulled away from each other, I could see the smile in his eyes. The last chords of the song played, and he turned toward the stage, applauding and yelling words of support at the band. Mick was going to have a heart attack when he found out that Bowie had enjoyed his music. Mick packed up his guitar, slid the case through the side door of the stage, and jumped onto the club floor. He began talking to a girl, and they started to dance to a grunge beat that blared through the sound system. As he spun around, he caught sight of me and grinned happily. "One sec," I saw him mouth to the girl, and he ran over to tackle me into a hug. "HOW DID IT GO?" He bellowed over the music.
       "Great!" I answered, Turing to look for David, "actually, I kinda ended up bringing him here." I beamed, waiting for Mick's response.
      His face contorted into a look of utter shock, a maniacal grin spreading from ear to ear. "You've got to be joking. Holy fuck. OH MY FUCKIN GOD CALLIE CAN I MEET HIM?" He screamed, jumping like a little kid, pulling me into another hug.
       "Yes!" I giggled  as I felt a pair of hands grabbed my waist.
        "You must be Mick, that was a great show." David said from behind me, pulling me in closer to him, so that his lips brushed my ear.
         Mick ran his hand through his hair in disbelief, "thanks, thank you so much. Man, your like, my idol." He said, shaking his head.
          David stepped out from behind me and stuck out his hand for Mick to shake. "Pleasure to meet you, that was one of my favorite shows I've been to in a while. If you wanted I could get you in contact with some bigwigs in the music industry." He offered, putting his hand on my lower back.
         Mick nodded vigorously, fighting to stay in eyesight of us. As we had been talking, a group of people had circled us. "Is that David Bowie?" Confused voices cried, pressing in closer. Now that there was no act on stage they could focus their attention elsewhere.
    "Uh oh," I said, looking up at David.
     "Well, it seems as though I have to go," David said apologetically to me and Mick.
      Mick nodded and smiled as I said, "don't worry about it, I'm fine with leaving."

      We quickly made our way out of the club, a swarm of  fans following us. David kept me close and draped his coat around my shoulders. He opened his car door for me, rushing around to the drivers side. We pulled out of the driveway and said nothing as we drive away into the night. The mob had followed us, we could see their headlights flashing behind us. "I'm so sorry again." David said as we pulled up in front of my apartment. We got out of the car and he pulled me into him as we walked toward the door. "Tonight was wonderful, thank you so much." He said turning to face me, trying not to be distracted by the cars pulling up around my house.
"It was, thank you so much David," I said as I unlocked the door, "why don't you come in for a while, wait until the people get bored and leave."
David smiled, nodded and opened the door, waving me in in front of him. "Thank you Callie." He said, his accent causing me to smile. Who would have thought that David Bowie would be accompanying me into my apartment?

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! It was really fun to write! Please comment and vote if you did so I know if I should keep writing. Thanks💫