Chapter 1

Lana's POV
I hate my life. I know, hate is a strong word. But it's the perfect word for my life. Hateful.  I've never felt love. My father, or should I say "father", may had said 'I love you' once in my entire life. The door slamming open broke me from my thoughts. "LANA ROSE DALLAS! GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE!" My excuse of a father yelled from downstairs. I grabbed my pepper spray, just in case he decided to something harmful towards me. I slowly walked towards the stairs and walked down them. I made eye contact with him and he smiled. I gave him a confused smile. He ran up and I pulled out my pepper spray and pointed at him. He stopped in his footsteps. "L-Lana? What are you doing?" He asked, looking at the little pink bottle I had in my hand. "I thought you were going to try to kill me" I said looking down, lowering the bottle. "I was trying to give you a hug." He said tearing up a little. "Why? Why now? Why not when I was going through stuff?" I screamed angrily. "Lana, what are you talking about!?" He asked. "I was bullied. I was bullied my entire life. I was called fat, ugly, hideous, disgusting, and etc. I was bullied for not having a mother. I was bullied for being myself and all you ever cared about was you and your stupid little business where you only make a dollar a day and play Pokemon Go in your office." I said tearing up. "L-Lana I-" he said being cut off by me speaking. "I always just wanted you to love me and keep me safe. I can't ever recall feeling either. You chose to be a "business man" and forget all about your "baby girl".
Do I love you? Yes, but what is love? As I don't think you taught me that?!
I know you had a hard life but you made choices which have impacted on my entire life, choices which hurt me to my very core and existence, even today. I have tried really hard to undo the damage but some things when broken can never be fixed.
While I don't think you ever purposely meant to hurt me I know you resented me from your hatred toward me. You treated me differently. Like a rag doll, waiting for its "human".
There have been many years I have tried and held on to the hope that things would change and you would just love me but I now realize that will never be.
Im leaving without hatred or anger; with just the need to find peace in my life. I hope you find it in yours." I said walking up the stairs. "Lana! Wait!" Cameron yelled, grabbing my wrist and yanking me towards him. He embraced me into a hug and I just let out the tears I was holding back.  "Lana I do love you. I'm sorry I've been so caught up in my job. I love you. Please don't leave me." He said squeezing me. "I'm going to stay with Nana and Pops." I said pulling myself from his embrace and started walking up the stairs. Tomorrow's another day. Let's hope it's better than today.
Oooohhhhhhh snnnaaapppp! SEQUEL TIME!!! I hope you guys are enjoying this book so far! Because I am! Love you guys!-Sarah💕