Part 1

Michaela's POV
*BEEP BEEP BEEP* The alarm goes off. Today is the first day of the final semester of Senior Year. Slowly opening my eyes and turning off my phone alarm, I check Instagram before getting up, dressed and ready for school. Although finally finishing school is exciting, exams are approaching so stress levels are high.

I get ready for school, put on powder, eyeliner with a little wing and mascara. Nothing too over the top, I don't usually put makeup on for school, but today I felt like it. After getting dressed in my uniform and doing hair in a messy braid then I go out the door to the bus stop I go.

At the bus stop, I see my friend Alejandra

At the bus stop, I see my friend Alejandra. She is quick to notice and compliment the extra effort I put into my appearance today; compared to most other days. We then start talking about what we did over the winter break. She was telling me about the parties she went to. Parties are not really my scene, so instead I worked and studied most days over the break. She also was telling me about all the time she spent with her boyfriend Luis. They are such a cute couple, I can't help but to be envious, not of Luis, but of the beautiful emotional bond they share. It has been a while since my last serious relationship, although there is a guy I like. But I haven't got the guts to talk to him. Its not that I'm shy to talk to guys, but there is something about his body language that says he would rather be left alone. We continue our conversation about how we spent winter break as we get onto the bus on the way to school.

Geoffrey's POV
Waiting at the bus stop on this frosty late July day. Boy I am not looking foreword to start school again. School means less time for writing poetry and music. Music how I express myself and have been since I was able to talk. But lately I have not been inspired. I don't know what it is, I can't seem to find any inspiration in anything around me these days. The winter break didn't help me get the inspiration I was looking for, as during the day, I was waiting tables at the cafe I work at. During the night, I was trying to catch up on my studies, but it's hard when my mom and her boyfriend are constantly arguing and the baby next door won't stop crying. When my mom lost her job last year, we moved into a tight apartment complex as we couldn't afford the house we were living in before.

The bus arrives and I take the seat closest to the front towards the window and contemplate the school year so far, realising that there is only 3 months until final exams.

How did you guys like the first part of the story? :-) Feel free to leave comments or message me your thoughts and ideas below!
I will be updating at least twice a week, so stay tuned ;-)
Btw I live in Australia, so July here is freezing cold, and we finish the school year in December :-)