Intertwined Part 1

We were best friends ever since primary school. Charlotte used to come over to my house every night and play mortal kombat. She was never really one to be a girly girl that Charlotte, she always liked things that were classed as "boyish" she was a typical tomboy and that strengthened our bond. We could do anything together: Fly paper planes, pretend we were astronauts and fly into space;even play a game of football every so often. As we grew older, rather than growing apart, we still grew together. It's like we were bound to stick together and that's what fate had chosen. In tenth grade, Charlotte's parents split up. I was her shoulder to lean on through her tough time. I guess that sparked our romantic side of our friendship. After Charlotte had recovered she seemed.... More distant than usual. She wouldn't call me as much and everytime I tried to talk she would give one word answers like she didn't even care. One day she sat me down and explained why she had been so distant. Her mother did not like her mingling with the other race. Her dad was the one who did not care who she was friends with and supported our friendship, but now he is gone, those privileges dissappeared with him. I wasn't sad, I was more angry. How could you stop your daughter from talking to me just because the color of my skin.Fury scorched my insides along with a hint of hurt, naturally I hid my feelings from Charlotte. Now I felt for her more than a friend, I felt for her as a lover, and I know she did too.