Chapter 1:Grey

I am Grey. I am fifteen years old and a freshman. I am heading over to my friend Joseph's house. He and John are moving, which is really sad for me.  I have known them for eight or so years. They act as brothers even though they are not. I get in the car and we drive by my best friend William's house. He comes out of the door and hops into our car and sits next to me.

"How has your summer been Grey?"he asks me.
"Pretty good. I have been doing a lot of farming with my grandfather. What have you been up to this week?" I ask. William always seems to be busy during the summer. I have not seen him since my friend, Catherine's party. Oh Catherine, she is my sunshine! I have a crush on her and she unfortunately knows. She loves someone else though.  I have no idea who it is though.

"My summer has been fun. I actually went to Catherine's house a couple days ago. She seems a lot calmer than last year."he says.
"What? Did she talk about me? Is she coming today? I hope she does." I say even though my mother can hear us.
"No she did not talk about you. I am not sure if she is coming today."he says.
"I hope she does. I will spend a lot of time with her.'
"Anyways, I went to camp last week and I got to see Brooke! She was as beautiful as ever."he says with dreamy eyes.
"Why do you like her anyways?" I ask.  I forgot why.
"Because she is perfect and kind."
"So is Catherine. She is funny and smart, too!" I argue, but I do not know why.
"Sorry." He says sarcastically. "I can not wait to see everybody."
"Me, too."

    As soon as we get to the party, we get out of the car and talk with Joseph and John. We wait a while and all of a sudden a car pulls up in the driveway. It is Catherine!

"Catherine!" I say excitedly to William.
"Calm down Grey. It is not like...woah." He says with wide eyes. As I turn around, I see Catherine is as beautiful as ever. But I get a weird feeling in my stomach. I feel like a normal person now. I do not feel...in love.
"William. I feel like I do not love Catherine anymore."
"What? That is crazy she looks beautiful."
"I know, but not in a special way. A way that gives me hope."