Chapter 1

~Nobody POV~

       The King sat in a chair next to his bed with a crying queen. "I'm sorry dear, but we had to do it to make sure our daughter finds the strongest and bravest man to marry her and become the next king," said the King.

        "I know but she's only five," said the queen in between sobs.

       "It's what must be done," the king said flatly, "I just hope she survives."

~Meanwhile~

           In an abandoned castle sat a lonely crying five year old girl screaming, "WHY MOMMY WHY WHAT DID I DO? PLEASE COME BACK PAPPA." She kept repeating this over and over until her throat hurt so much she couldn't even whisper it.

            What she didn't know was that there was a dragon that is meant to protect her, heard her the whole time and wanted to comfort her but couldn't because he made an oath to the king and queen to protect her and not be seen.

~Three Months Later- Dragon POV~

      I've decided that I will tell her who I am, but I won't tell her who she is. I've been watching her run around the castle for a while and it's getting dark so once I get dinner I will introduce myself.

         It caught a deer for her a cooked it with my fire and caught five deer for me and ate them raw. She came outside so I flew over to the castle to give her the meat and so she can meet me. When I landed I expected her to scream, but instead she walked right up to my leg and wrapped her arms and legs around my one leg and said, "Drawgon Rwoar."

            I chuckled from that and said, "My name is Igneous, little one and your parents have sent me to protect you. I was not supposed to tell you I'm here guarding you, but I'm lonely and you look lonely so I wanted us to be friends."

            "Yes! Let's be frwiends. And I'm Lea," said Lea, and right after she said that her tummy grumbled.

              "Silly me, I forget to give you dinner," I said while fetching the dear meet from my back. "Here eat this, ok." She nodded and started eating.

         For the rest of the day we talked and laughed and once she yawned I took her inside the castle laid down and set her inside my wing. Once I knew she was asleep I let myself slip into dream land too.  

~Narrator POV~

           For the next 14 years they grew closer and closer and closer and started falling for each other but both are scared to admit there falling for the other. Igneous decides that for Lea's 19th birthday he will bring her to her parents and will learn it's the biggest mistake of his life.