His Desire Chapter 10

Libby felt her cheeks burning as the passion burned between her and Greg. Then before she could truly realise what was happening it was over.
Greg stood back and looked at her breaking their kiss, his expression tense. Libby lifted her eyes up and allowed her arms to fall to her side.
Greg looked to the side and pressed his palm against his forehead. "Argh..." He quietly growled. Libby looked at him confused.
"You shouldn't be here" he suddenly said turning to her. "You don't deserve this, no girl deserves this..."
Libby was speechless. She had no words.
Her eyelashes flickered as she tried to hold back the tears. She didn't know why she wanted to cry but she knew she needed to.
Greg looked at her and shook his head as a tear escaped down Libby's cheek.
Concerned he walked back to her and with his thumb his gently wiped away the tear.
"I'm going to get you out of here, I'm going to get us both out"
Libby smiled weakly. Her heart sped up. For the first time since leaving her mother she felt safe, safe with Greg. She never wanted to leave his side.
"How?" Was all she was feebly able to murmur.
"I'll think about it, but trust me Libby.... We're getting out of here, even if it kills me"
With that their heavenly moment was destroyed. Hunter strode into the tent followed by Tegan and Rose.
Their arrival was loud. Hunter pushed chairs out of his way as he walked across to the stage. Libby shrunk back behind Greg as Hunter neared.
"She behaving?" Asked hunter as he jumped up on the stage.
"...yes.... She's perfect..." Greg's tone was distant. "That's what I like to hear. Here's Tegan and Rose, I want a new act for all three of them. Something with a burlesque theme?"
"Oh ok...." Muttered Greg still not one hundred percent focused on their conversation.
Hunter then frowned at him and turned away. "Impress Ryan" he said loudly as he left the tent.
For the rest of the day Greg choreographed a new routine for Tegan, Rose and Libby. She learnt fast, picking up the new steps. Learning when to turn and pout, flutter her eye lashes.
Greg had some pink ostrich feather fans brought around and they practised using them. Tegan and Rose were used to using props but Libby found herself to be clumsy.
Now and then Greg would come close and help her, position her hands, show her how to turn her wrists...
He did not speak of their earlier encounter, but there was a new understanding between them. A new relationship had developed. Like herself, Libby knew Greg did not want to be here.
At 8pm they finished and Greg escorted the girls back to their trailer where cold food was waiting.
Libby climbed up the creaking steps of the trailer and entered the dull musky room. Her delicate hands moved across the wall, caressing it as she made her way inside.
Libby found Luna bent over a crying figure in the corner of the trailer. she immediately ran over to find out what had happened.
Amelie lay on the floor clutching her stomach, shaking and heaving with each breath.
"What happened?" Questioned Libby turning to Luna who was opening a foil packet of painkillers.
"Hunter."
"What did he do?!" Exclaimed Libby scared.
"He beat her" said Kara who was leaning against the opposite wall. Libby turned her face to her, she was calmly leaning against the wall- arms crossed.
Libby's opened mouth begged for more information. Kara continued.
"Amelie tried to run away, copying your stunt" she said rolling her eyes. "Yet Hunter was the one who noticed and unluckily for her he's not as tolerant as Ryan. Hunter dragged her to his trailer..." "I saw that" commented Libby.
"Then we don't know what happened after that. Amelie is too distraught to talk. It looks as though she has some broken ribs though...."
Libby winced. Poor young girl.
"It's ok Amerlie" hushed Luna from the corner while stroking the young girls shaking forehead. "Luna will look after you" she said in a soft caring voice. It reminded Libby of her mother, how she would tend to her in any hour of need. Her heart jerked in her chest.
"Luna is great with the younger girls" mentioned Kara "she knows what she's doing" she said smiling.
That night Libby once again lay awake. Not only thinking, but now, Amelie's distraught wheezing could also be heard.
She must have only been only just 16, younger than Libby. She was 18 in about a month.
For an instant Libby felt guilty. She had escaped being sold for 2 years- Amelie hadn't. She had also escaped Hunters punishment for trying to escape- Amelie again hadn't and was now paying the price.
The next morning the girls awoke early. It was Tuesday, a show night.
Libby spent the morning rehearsing some more with Tegan and Rose. She was beginning to remember the routine.
At about noon they stopped and all three sat on the edge of the spot lit stage eating fruit Luna had brought them.
Watching her surroundings Libby notice yet more men carrying iron framed beds across the entrance to the tent.
She held an apple still against her lips as she turned her head gazing.
Crunching on it's juicy flesh Libby turned around to Tegan; "why do they keep moving beds?"
Tegan swallowed and cleared her throat. Rose leant foreword next to her, keen to listen to their conversation.
"They're for after the show..." Tegan seemed reluctant to speak. Libby frowned, taking another bite of her apple.
Sighing Tegan continued.
"If a man sees a particular girl he likes during the show he can pay to have her for the rest of the evening in a private tent. That's where the beds go"
"Eugh!" Libby spat her apple out.
She felt physically sick.
"You're best bet is not to attract too much attention- put them off" added Rose quietly.
"What if you refuse to go?"
"Ryan personally punishes you. He's been know to keep girls locked in his trailer for days"
Ryan. What an asshole. A young guy with too much money, that's what he was.
By the evening Libby had been transformed ready for her performance. She had been washed- although the water was cold, her hair had been curled and heavy make up applied- smokey eyes and red lips.
Her torn black dress had been replaced with a gold glitter corset and black lace short skirt. She wore black lace stockings with gold bows and a black choker around her pale neck.
The moonlight glistened as the girls were escorted back to the main tent by a new face Libby didn't recognise. This guy was tall and muscly, quiet but stern. He spoke in simple commands but alway kept a watchful eyeing the growing crowds of men who lingered outside the main tent.
Inside, Libby waited with the other girls behind the stage. Greg waited with them, adjusting costumes and setting the lights. Ryan occasionally walked past inspecting the girls. Each one bowed their heads as he passed. All except Libby who glared at him.
The music played and the crowds cheered. Then in small groups the girls climbed up the small steps and walked out into the stage. Their entrance generated a huge applause, cries and wolf whistles.
Libby sat back stage nervously. She didn't want to face the crowd. See hundreds of men looking at her as if she was a piece of meat.
Eventually her time came and she made her way out in front of the crowd with Tegan and Rose. They stood silently waiting for their cue, then the music began. Libby's heart pounded - this was it.
In sync they strutted across the stage, bent down and wiggled their thighs towards the audience. The cheers escalated.
Turning they then pranced over to the poles and leant around them blowing kisses towards their audience. At the very back of the crowd Libby caught a glimpse of Ryan, stood hidden in the shadows. His eyes fixed on her.
Redirecting her gaze Libby gulped. He scared her.
The rest of the routine was a blue for Libby. She remembered bowing then walking towards the side exit, but then a strong arm grabbed her.
"Hey wha...!" Screamed Libby as she fell down the remaining steps.
"Shut up and come with me" grunted Hunter as he pulled her away from the rest of the girls. She looked back at Rose and Tegan who stood watching her leave. They looked sad. Why did they look sad? Where was she going?

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in ages. I'm in the final year of my exams and surprisingly my results haven't been good for English. I prefer writing stories compared to analysing them....
Thanks for sticking with me though, I really appreciate Ll your votes and comments.
As for the cover incident. I've seen a few other authors using the same image as me and that's fine. I'm only concerned if they use my EXACT cover with my title and name.
Thank you so much for your replies, it's nice to know I have you guys looking out for me :)
Like always, ideas and comments are great fully revived.