Zayn and Harry's looks are deathly as they glare at Alec.

I chew on my lip as Alec's haunting gaze slides over to me.

"Rose," he says, smiling sinisterly. "How are you, darling?"

Harry tenses next to me.

"Fine," I say, my nose clipped.

"I must say, the two of you make ever the charming couple," Alec says, gesturing between me and Harry. "Quite lovely." He looks to Aaron. "I do recall when Aaron told me he was with a girl named Rose. What a coincidence it would be, if you were the same one."

"It would have been much easier if it hadn't," Aaron sneers.

"Don't act like I'm the one that did anything wrong," I snap at him. "You're the one that hit me, remember?"

"And of course you go crying to him." Aaron gestures to Harry.

"I didn't go crying to him, if anyone went crying to anyone in our relationship it was you to your uncle."

Aaron backs down and Alec looks amused.

"I knew you were smarter than you let on," Alec says. "Intelligent girl, you are, Rose." He tilts his head. "If only you were smart enough to stay away from trouble." He nods to Harry and I flush with anger, Harry's gaze turning to the floor.

"Do you love him, Rose?"

I look back at Alec. "What?"

"Only a short time ago, you told me directly he meant 'less than nothing to you,' I believe. Is that still the case?"

I had forgotten what I said to Alec that time, when I had gone to Ivory to prove I didn't know anything. Harry had heard everything I said, and my heart.sinks just remembering.

"No, it's not the case," I say bravely, aware of Harry's eyes on me.

"And what changed?"

When k don't answer, he repeats his previous question.

"Do you love him?"

"Yes," I say quietly.

"How much do you love him?"

"There is no limit," I whisper.

"What would you do for him?"

"Anything." My voice is barely audible.

"Very good."

I don't speak.

"This rebellion has quite upset me," Alec says. "And I will do everything to ensure it does not happen again. Is that clear?"

No one speaks.

"Which is why I am going to let one of you go," Alec says and my heart drops to my feet.

"One of us?" Zayn asks.

"No," Alec replies, looking to Harry and I. "One of them."

No.

I can't seem to fathom his words. One of us? One?

He knows it, he knows Harry and I are each other's weakness. And I see now why the gun turned up in both my dreams, pointing at each of us different time---because by tearing us apart, he is killing us both.

A lump rises in my throat as I look frantically to Harry.

"We'll give you time to decide," Alec says, smiling evily. He begins walking away, but stops midway. "Oh, and if you try to run, there's backup positioned all around the perimeter."