I start. "Who is it?"

Violet smirks, leaning back so I can see past her out into the ballroom.

"Think about it," she says as we both survey the crowd. "Who seems innocent?"

I recognize multiple coworkers as well as Crystal himself dancing with his wife. Lana and Jesy pick at the dessert table and Phil stares longingly at the chocolate fountain.

"All of them," I answer.

"Who would have access to phone lines and other information? Who is the eyes and ears of the office?"

It hits me just as my eyes land on her.

Arms crossed over her chest as she sits a table across the dance floor, a black dress adorning her. Dark hair up in a twisted chignon, electrifying blue eyes stare directly at us.

"Marion," I breathe.

"Also know as Alec's mistress," Violet says.

"Mistress?" I look back to her.

"He's married, but his wife had no idea about what he does. He knows she'd be against it." Violet crosses her legs, taking a delicate sip of wine. "Besides, his wife travels a lot, so she hasn't a idea what the hell he does."

I shake my head. "She's the last person I would suspect."

"I told you," Violet says, picking at her nails. She looks back at me. "I know why you're wary of me, and I don't blame you. If our roles were reversed, I would feel the same. But I hope you can now trust me a bit more now that you did, because I think we could make a good team."

I'm astonished at Violet's hopeful tone, and taken aback by her request.

She continues, seeing my reaction. "I know I tarnished Harry a good deal when we were young, but we've both changed since then. I won't go after him, in not into that anymore." She sighs. "I've made a lot of mistakes, and I believe rehab helped me deal with those a bit better than I had been dealing with them. I'm sorry if you had a bad view of me, I used to view myself the same way."

Violet's narrative is touching and I suddenly find myself sympathizing with her. I sigh, my fingers playing with the stem of my glass.

"I don't know if I can fully trust you, Violet, but I trust you enough to be part of this alliance," I finally say.

She smiles. "Thank you, Rose," she says, her hand touching my shoulder lightly. "You're the closest thing I've had to a friend in years."

I never took into consideration the things Violet has been through and how they might have affected her, and I now see what Hollywood and fame has changed her.

I surprise us both by pulling her into a hug lightly, the smell of her perfume floral and sweet.

We pull away shortly, Violet smiling at me.

I smile back, hoping that I really can trust Violet, and praying it won't come back to bite me in the end.

Violet looks over her shoulder quickly.

"I'd better get going, Alec is arriving soon," she tells me. "I know the full details of the plan, by the way. Louis informed me."

I nod. "Alright."

"I'll touch base soon." She smiles again before sauntering off, leaving her wine glass on the table.

"So that's Violet," Gemma says.

"That's Violet," I reaper, nodding.

"Rose, you're quite an amazing person, you know," Gemma says and I look at her, confused.