Chapter Six - Jason

Kat has a boyfriend.

If I had just told her how I felt sooner, this wouldn't have happened.

She wouldn't be clueless over why everything she does with Hunter upsets me.

Why does she do everything with Hunter?

We had plans and when I got home today she left.

Of course I got home around three, I would've been home sooner, but my friend was keeping me hostage.

I blame this on you, Luke.

~

It's been three months since Kat and Hunter have been going out and Kat got her cast off a while ago. It looks so much healthier now that it isn't pale and skinny like her first day without a cast.

Her and Hunter went on a date and well, I'm debating following again.

I know last time it ended terribly, so I probably shouldn't, but I just feel like something bad is going to happen.

I grabbed my jacket and my phone and headed out the door.

Kat told me they were going to the movies again. I'm supposed to pick her up, but I guess being "a little early" wouldn't hurt anyone.

Walking into the theatre was fine, but then I had to remember which movie they were going to see. My eyes scanned the titles of all the movies playing until one looked familiar. Theatre eight.

My legs took me down the long hallway until I saw theatre number eight. Outside of the door was a fighting couple, so I just stayed where I was until they stopped.

Somewhere in-between their conversation I got intrigued.

"No, I'm not going to do that!" The girl whisper yelled.

"Why not it's my birthday? PLus we've been going out for a while!"

"Three months isn't long enough on my scale to just give away my virginity Hunter!"

Hunter? Whoa whoa whoa.

I looked over at the couple and sure enough it was Kat and Hunter.

The bastard wanted her in bed!

I will not stand for this. So I walked down the long hallway and punched him right in the face.

Seems like I'm always punching guys in the face.

Kat looked surprised until she recognized me.

Her big glossy eyes shone up at me until I got her message.

"Stay away from Kat, you hear me Hunter?" I shouted.

"She's my girlfriend!" Hunter protested.

"Not anymore," Kat spoke up.

Hunter looked at her in astonishment, and nodded.

Guess he figured if he couldn't have her now, he might never have her.

Good he figured that out, because he won't get her.

Not while I'm around.

"Come on Kat, let's go home." I told her while pulling slightly on her arm.

She turned and followed me, leaving Hunter.

In the car she started sobbing and I did all I could to comfort her.

"Kat, it'll be alright." I soothed.

"We were together for three months Jason, three months."

"Do you regret them?" I asked her.

"I guess not," She breathed, "But I'm disappointed."

"I understand," I told her, even though I was lying.

"You're the best Jason," She sobbed while giving me a side hug. If we weren't in a car, I hope she would've given me a real hug.

"I know," I said sarcastically which caused her to laughed. Good I made her smile.

~

When we got back to my house, I took Kat into my room. I sat her on my bed and pulled out three of her favorite movies choices.

She pointed to one and I nearly smiled. This was one of my favorites too.

We ended up watching The Princess Bride, we used to watch this as kids and it grew on me.

Before the movie was over I looked over at Kat and she was sleeping curled up to my side.

I grabbed the remote and turned the movie off and pulled the covers over both of us.

I wrapped my arms around her and dreamt of only her.

My love, Kat.

~

I woke up to a camera flash.

"Ow, what the hell?" I asked while rubbing my eyes and sitting up.

"Language, and you and Kat were sleeping so peacefully, I had to snap a picture." My mom protested.

"Can I go back to sleep now?"

"After I say this, tell her how you feel soon okay?"

"Alright mom, I can handle myself." I hissed.

"Don't give me that tone," She whispered, "Have fun."

"Alright mom, now leave."

FrecklesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara