unfaithful souls

It's been a few weeks since of me seeing her, my wife hasn't found out and I'm thankful, she'd be furious and to be truthful, I am. I didn't want to, never, but I was afraid, afraid of not being loved anymore, I know that's crazy but all she did was stay in the room of the baby and I was becoming forgotten, so I did the only thing I could think of. I cheated. Am I proud of it, defiantly not, do I enjoy it, not really but it's the only way I get my sexual enjoyment. I was meeting her again tonight.

As I'm leaving my wife asks.
"Where you going?", in the most innocent way possible. I felt bad for lying but I did anyway,

"I'm going to meet Jeremy" I say with a fake smile and hope inside that she won't find out

"Oh, he's in town? Why don't I come, and we can bring Carrie", my wife offered with a smile.

Gawd she wasn't gonna make this easy, so I came up with the worst lie I could. "I would take you, but it's guys night" I said regretfully.

I watched her smile fade and it killed me, but what she said next hurt me even more. "Oh, ok, well tell him I said hi, and give him a hug for me", she said with a broken smile.

"I'm sorry honey, it's just we've been planning for weeks, and we already have the guys so just tonight please, and I'll be back, and maybe we can do something", I say with a mischievous smirk, hoping she understood what I meant.

She sighed and shook her head, this is why I cheat. I looked down and left, I didn't wanna be stuck in that conversation. I drove to Stephanies apartment, if that's her name I never remembered it, that's why I call her simple pet names such as baby or babe. I pulled up beside her apartment, I sit in my car considering if I wanna do it, after about ten minutes of crying because I'm a horrible husband (sorry it's for the lols) I get out of my Toyota and begin my walk to her apartment. After walking up two flights of stairs I finally arrive at the door to her apartment. After knocking, I only had to wait a few seconds before she opened the door with a wide grin on her face.

I would never understand why she was so kind to me, but she didn't know I was married, I couldn't bear wearing my wedding ring while I was seeing someone other than my wife. She waved and let me in.

"Hey babe, I can't stay long, I'm meeting a friend in a few hours", I said like I actually cared.

"Oh that's ok in the meanwhile what do you wanna do?", she said with a smirk.

~time skip~

After our "session" I left, I didn't want my wife to wait any longer. I got into my car and made sure all the lipstick was wiped off, and that you couldn't smell her perfume on my shirt. I then drove home awaiting for my bed. As I got home the lights were on, which was weird cause my wife was usually asleep by now, I walked into the living room to see my wife on the floor cleaning something up.

She looked at me with a smile, her eyes then flickered to something else on my face, I smudged my fingers over the substance only to bring them down and see pink lipstick, the kind Stephanie wears, my eyes widened and I knew I was screwed.

"Honey who's lipstick is that" my wife asked with tears in her eyes.

"I- I can explain" I said knowing nothing I could say would make this better.

"No, I want you to leave and, give me your phone" she asked while closing her eyes.

Sighing and handed her my phone, she proceeded to scroll on what I'm guessing is contacts until she stops she presses a button and starts scrolling again tears rolling down her cheeks as she does so, sniffling every once in a while. She then looks up at me with pure anger and throws my phone against the wall leaving it to shatter she then looks me in the eyes and whispers "Why?".

"I -I thought you had forgotten about me and I needed some sort of sexual attention" I whispers not even believing my reason anymore.

"Unfaithful soul" she whispers and points to the door, I take it as my cue to leave, I look down and start walking to the door.

The last thing I hear before I leave is "I want a divorce".
______________________________A/N______________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoy the chapter, the story has yet to come. This story is based off a on running inside joke my friend and I have and we then gave it more detail and decided to make it a story.