He smiles sadly. "I'm doing good Kay, How are you sweetheart?" He replies while helping me put my luggage in his car.

"I'm doing okay, Just glad I'm finally off of that death trap." I laugh lightly, getting into the car.

Starting the car, he laughs a little. "Yeaah, I used to be scared of planes to champ. It's not that bad once you get used to them." He replies while pulling out into the busy streets of New Orleans.

Shyly stealing glances at the man I call 'dad' he peep out some of the features we share. Same nose, same eyes, & the same dimpled smile.

Returning my gaze back the window I reply.

"Yeah. So umm, what's it like down here?" I ask him.

Glancing at me for a quick second, he smiles & begins talking.

"It's nice down here. A little dangerous in some areas. I really think you'll enjoy down here Kay." He says nicely.

Laying my head on the window taking in my surroundings.

"I sure do hope so." I whisper.

After passing a lot of neighborhoods some good, some bad. We finally ride down a decent looking neighborhood. Slowly pulling up in front of a nice size brick house, he shuts off the car.

Looking towards me with a bright smile, he says "Home sweet home. If that's what you want to call it right now that is."

Slowly stepping out of the car, I take in my surroundings. Little kids run around playing, Shirtless guys playing on a basketball court, & half dressed girls standing around watching the boys play.

Taking two of my bags out of the car, My dad looks at me & smiles a little.

"I know your not used to these surroundings, but I just want you to know that once you get used to it you'll love it here" he says.

Plastering a fake smile on my face, I reply to him.

"Yeah, I'm sure I will" I say, voice full of sarcasm. To bad he He didn't catch on to my sarcasm.

Taking out my last bag from his car, I slowly walk up the short driveway to the front door patiently waiting for him to come. Finally making his way towards me, he unlocks the door & open it.
Stepping into the warm home, I slowly take in the scenery of the house. Not knowing I was daydreaming I zone back into reality.

"Kay?" He says, while looking back at me.

"Sir?" I respond, looking towards him.

"Come on, so you can put your bags in your room" he replies.

Walking behind him he stops at a door that was partially cracked opened.

"I didn't know what you would like in here. So it's just the basic bed, dressers, & Tv." He says nicely.

Looking around the medium sized room I place my bags by the door.

"Oh no it's fine. That's all I need in here anyway." I say, sitting down on the bed.

Looking at me with a little smile on his face, he slowly walks back towards the door.