//Chapter 1\\

A hazy glow filtered through the small gap in the semi-dark violet curtains, coincidentally right into my vision. Blinking open my eyes, I groan in discomfort and roll over to the other side of the double bed. I had been given this room in a Lumiose City hotel permanently as a leaving gift from my best friend, Professor Juniper of the Unova region. I'd been working under her mentoring and supervision for some nine years now, and, finally 21, it was time for me to move on. Professor Juniper had gotten word that a Professor Sycamore of the Kalos region in Lumiose City was in need of a new intern as a Pokémon biologist and researcher, and so she'd pressured me to write him an application, informing me that I would never get a more important, rewarding or exciting opportunity in my lifetime again. And so I wrote my application and sent it in, not at all expecting a reply. So it came as quite a surprise when I woke up the next morning to find that Professor Sycamore had sent me a direct email which read:

Dear (Y/N)

I am delighted to inform you that your application proves to good to be true. You are exactly in the line of field work we require and from what I've read, your skills in the Unova region are above average. Which makes me curious as to how you will fare in the Kalos region. And so it gives me great pleasure to let you know that we have accepted your proposal to join us here at the Sycamore labs.

I've been in recent contact with your previous supervisor and we have already took it into account to provide you with the requirements you will need and provisions to make your new home in Kalos comfortable and extraordinary.

It would be quite hard for me to explain your roles and expectations over email and so we have ordered you a plane ticket to Lumiose city in the Kalos region already. (You should talk to Professor Juniper and see about acquiring those). So that we may meet up and talk in person. But have no worry mademoiselle, I understand you'll probably think me to be a scary and demanding professor. In which case I am actually not. And so our visit will also be a chance to get to know one another to make your stay and work more comfortable and enjoyable.

I would like you to me at the Lysandre café at five o'clock pm on Tuesday October 21st. I would assume that you wouldn't know your way there and so I advise you to take a Lumi-cab. They're quite pricey but very reliable. Until then Mon amie.

Professor Agustine Sycamore

Head of Sycamore Labs

Well after that, you would've expected me to be excited and nervous with butterfree in my stomach. But all I felt was dread. Not at my new job, or having to leave my home, but the fact that I would be leaving Professor Juniper behind. My best friend. Who seemed almost like a Mother to me. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do when I said goodbye at the airport. Tears flowed from both of us as we promised eachother that we'd keep in contact and that we would definitely see eachother again. But all good things come to an end. And before I knew it, I was high in the sky and halfway to my new life.

I took a Lumi-cab to get to the hotel. I didn't look out of the Window to see the new sights. I wasn't excited about my new home. I was alone. Utterly alone. I didn't even have Rhys, my Growlithe with me. Of course I didn't, he was stolen a long time ago by hunters. Arceus knows what they did with him. But I couldn't save him. They'd hit me with their car when I tried to stop them. I was lucky I didn't die. But After that, I never got a new Pokémon. I didn't want one. I just wanted to be alone. Unfortunately, that feeling stuck so much that it became my reality. I wanted to be alone and so I was left alone. For four years.

Well, now that my backstory has been told I look over at my alarm clock and realise that I had just 20 minutes to get to Lysandre café. I leap out of bed and get the quickest, coldest shower I've ever had. I then maneuvered to get dressed and dry my hair at the same time, picking up my folder and putting on my raybans before hurrying to the nearest taxi.

Okay, so I'm finally off to meet this Professor Sycamore. I need to impress him. Show him that I'm capable of this job. I need to be...myself. That's what Professor Juniper would say. And she was always right about pretty much everything. I need to be myself. And everything will be fine, right??

Eventually I reach Lysandre café, and pay the driver. Damn, it was pricey. I graze my eyes over the crimson walls before taking a deep, shuddery breath and entering the café. I hope to Dialga this goes well.

(A/N: Some chapters will be long, others will be short, thanks!!)