Changing Packs

Chapter 8: Changing Packs

I can't believe I have powers and my future may involve a battle. How much more could my brain take, and why didn't Alpha Mason tell me I assume that almost everyone knows about the HOPE children so he must have known that I was one of them. I'll just ask him when I tell him that I'm joining the Midnight's pack.

“Alpha Mason?”

“Yes Rhydian?”

“I have to tell you something.”

“OK”

“I'm joining the Midnight pack.”

“And why is that?”

“Because they told me that I'm the last HOPE child and they want me to join their pack so that they can keep an eye on me and so that I can train with the others.”

“I knew this day would come. That's why I gave you the Alpha position. I was hoping that would get you to stay with us and you could use your powers to help us. But I can see that it didn't work. Well, what every you choose I'm okay with it.”

“Thank you”

“Well go so that I can set up another pack meeting tomorrow to let them know. But you will have to leave tomorrow before the meeting because I don't want the pack to know what you are. If they find out then they will probably get mad and demand that you stay so I will just say you ran away.”

“OK and my Beta Carson will becoming to.”

“OK.”

“Well I will let Carson know and we will get ready to leave tomorrow.”

“Good bye Rhydian.”

“Good by Mason.”

….................................................................................................................................................................

“So Mason said that we could leave and he was okay with it?”

“Yes. Now hurry up and finish packing we have to leave before the pack meeting.”

“OK”

“I have a question for you.”

“Shoot.”

“When Patch said “as much more stronger Hadley can get” what did he mean by that?”

“Oh. He meant that Hadley can't get that much stronger then she already is for being a girl.”

“Oh, okay. Why did he say that?”

“Because Hadley can't get that much stronger till she reaches the full strength that a wolf can get without having huge ugly muscles on her.”

“And why would that be?”

“Because she is stronger then almost every wolf in her pack.”

“OK. How do you know so much about her?”

“Because I used to be in her pack and we used to be best friends before I had to leave.”

“Oh.”

“And I'm her protector so I know everything about her and when something changes I get a vision or a dream that tells me what changed so I know if it is good or bad or if she is in danger.”

“OK. So does that mean that I have a protector to?”

“No. Hadley is the only one with a protector because she is the only one with all of the powers that have ever been written in history, which means she is special and a more likely target. Also because she is the oldest and the first HOPE child she is the first target and the one they will go for first, so she has to have a protector so they can let the others know if something happens to her and so that he/she can go to her for help. So if Hadley is ever taken by rouges then I will get a vision immediately and will be able to use the special power that I was given to get to her.”

“OK. So what is your special power?”

“Speed. Hadley has it also but she doesn't know it yet, only me and the elders know. We have to wait for her to figure it out or we will tell her when she becomes Alpha.”

“OK. So how were you picked to be her protector?”

“We were born on the same day at the same time and born into the same pack. Which means that the moon goddess picked me to be her protector. Which is why I have more strength then most wolfs as well.”

“OK. So do you have more strength then Hadley?

“No she has more strength then me because she worked harder to gain strength.”

“Why did she do that?”

“Have you been to any of our football games since you have been here?”

“No why?”

“Well tomorrow is the last game of the season so we are gonna go to it.”

“OK. Why?”

“Are you done packing yet?”

“Ya.”

“OK lets goo then. Time to meet your knew pack.”

“OK, lets go.”