The Bad Boy Stole My Heart... And My Non-Existent Skating Abilities

//The Bad Boy Stole My Heart... And My Non-Existent Skating Abilities//

Riley's POV

A tingling sensation tickled the tips of my fingers as I laced up my skates.

This is not a good idea. This, in fact, is a very, very bad idea. In a long list of bad ideas, this may just top deciding to steer a ship straight into an iceberg.

Slowly exhaling a tense sigh as I straightened up on the mini couch in the lounge of the ice-rink; I looked beside me to find Alec already done tying his skates, and typing away on his sleek black phone.

"Alec," I called. "I'm ready."

He looked up at the source of the sound, and smiled with an eyebrow arched. "Really?"

"Hell no."

He chuckled. "We don't have to do this, you know. I'd be perfectly fine with staying inside. Especially since the last time you went skating." He said, pocketing his phone.

I fixed a determined gaze. "Alec, it is winter. It is snowing. It is time to be festive. Couples are skating, it is romantic, and dammit Alec Ryder if you do not take me ice-skating and hold my hand like boys in books do, I swear on all the coffee and cupcakes in the world that I will never -"

"Okay."

"- I mean, we're in Oregon. The city of love, for Pete's sakes, and," I pause. "Who the hell came up with that expression? Like, who is Pete?" Shaking my head slightly as if clearing the cobweb distractions, I continued. "Anyway -" I stopped. "Wait, okay?"

He smiled, amused. "Okay."

"No putting up a fight?"

He leisurely walked over, placing his hands on my hips.
"I have no problem with ice skating," he stated. "It's you I'm worried about, Little Miss 'I can trip on air.'"

He placed a kiss on my nose.
"But -"
He placed a kiss on the corner of my mouth.
"If you want me to be Prince Charming."
And a final kiss on my lips.
"Then you're on."

:::

"Riles," Alec sighed. "You actually have to get on the ice to ice-skate."

"Says who?"

"Riley." Alec deadpanned.

"Just give me a minute," I say warily looking at the ice.

Alec ran a hand down his face, exasperated.
"I've given you nineteen minutes."

"But -"

"Make that twenty." He raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure you don't want to go home? Or to a café?"

"No! We are doing this." I hesitantly took a step forward.

"Hey! This isn't half bad!" I grinned.

"Riley, you're still on the carpeted area."

My smile fell.

"Well, when you put it that way." I huffed. I tugged my jacket closer to me and took a deep breath.

I grabbed hold to one of the barriers and gingerly made my way onto the ice.

Alec smiled. "There you go! Come a little farther, now.
"I'll be right here." He assured.

My mouth set itself into a thin line, and with a determined nod I pushed off the barrier and started moving forward.

The two seconds I pushed off were great, let me tell you. Great view. 10 out of 10.

It was the whole, you know, falling thing that was an issue.

Sitting up onto the side of my thigh, I was left in an awkward position of, do I flail like a fish out of water trying to get up? Or do I sit here like an idiot? The world may never know.

Alec skated over easily, and held out a hand with a small smile.

"It's not funny," I grumbled.

"It's a bit funny," he replied.

I tried taking his hand the first time, but this is Alec Hughes-Ryder we're talking about.

With an 'oomph' I fell on my bottom, and Alec burst out laughing, clutching his stomach. People skating around gave us weird looks, and my cheeks tinged pink.

"Grasshole," I muttered, trying, but failing, to get up on my own.

"Riley, here," Alec sobered up, a hint of a smile still left on his face, yet still offering me a hand.

I shook my head stubbornly and smacked away his hand.

"Aw, Riles, don't be this way," he pouted his bottom lip sticking out adorably.

The gods conspired to make this boy, I swear.

I eyed his hand warily, and reluctantly took it and shielded my face with my curtain of long brown hair to hide the blush of embarrassment.

Hand in hand, we started moving slowly.

"See, this isn't so bad," Alec offered.

"Yea, for you it isn't. For me it's like Bambi on skates." I frowned.
"You know what, let's just go home, I don't know what I was thinking, let's just -"

"Riley -"

I start to turn around, which evidently was harder than it initially seemed. I slipped around in my spot for a solid two seconds, until a speed skater zoomed past me, and I gasped as I lost my footing.

And faster than you can say, Bra-Stealer, Alec quickly wrapped his arms around my waist, and I latched my hands onto the first thing I grabbed, which happened to be the front of his abdomen, clutching it as if my life depended on it.

Alec smirked.

Here it comes.

"You know, princessa, if you wanted to feel my abs, you could've just asked."

There it is.

I could feel my cheeks burn even through the sharp cold surrounding the ice rink, and I quickly unhinged myself from Alec.

Son of a barnacle.

"So, um," I looked anywhere but him, craning my neck to the side as I lightly scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. "Did you mention something about a café?"

End.

***
Thank you for reading my one shot entry, it means a lot! The Bad Boy Stole My Bra was one of the first books I read on Wattpad, and is my favorite, so it holds a dear place in my heart, haha. When I heard about this competition, I could not refuse.
Thanks again, hope you enjoyed!
Awk-turtleguitargirl 😘🐢