[1] The First Day

Michael sighed as he waited in the principal's office. He looked at the clock. He's been waiting for around half an hour and was getting more nervous by the minute. It wasn't that he was worried about fitting in, (scratch that, he was terrified), it is just that it is his first day at a new school. Again.

This was the fourth time he moved in the past two years. Every time, of course, he had to go to a new school as well. And he hated it. Not only was he the new kid, but he also stood out due to his Tourette's Syndrome.

The door opened and a man in a suit came in begrudgingly. He sat down and looked at Michael. "What do you want? I'm busy."

Michael ticked nervously. "Mr. Schema, I'm a new student. Michael Vey."

"Oh yeah. Here's your schedule. Your tour guides should be waiting outside."

Michael took his schedule and stood there awkwardly, not knowing if he had more to say. The principal looked up when he didn't hear the door close.

"What're you standing there for? Leave."

《《《《《 》》》》》

Walking outside of his charming principal's office, Michael looked around and spotted two girls waiting in the lobby.

One girl was tall with long blonde hair and blue eyes. She was wearing casual clothes and seemed really shy. She seemed to be relaxed around the other girl, but she stiffens up slightly when other people go up to them to say hi.

The other girl was shorter, but what she lacked in height she made up for in enthusiasm. She seemed very friendly and kind. She had long brown hair and her brown eyes reminded Michael of maple syrup. She was wearing a cheerleading outfit, and there was a bow in her hair.

Michael wouldn't be surprised if she started doing cartwheels and flips down the hall while spelling out 'Meridian High'. With a huge smile on her face and doing it all way too enthusiastically.

The girls spotted him and walked toward him.

"Hi Michael! My name is Taylor."

"I'm Abigail, but you can call me Abi."

"We're going to be your tour guide for the first two periods. Welcome to Meridian High School!"

He gulped when Taylor smiled, genuinely excited. "Hi."

The duo started showing him around the school, pointing out all the classes. Taylor mainly talked, with Abi adding things that she missed or advice about certain teachers.

"And here is the gymnasium." Taylor led Michael inside, Abi close behind. There was a class going on at the time, and they were running laps.

"This is obviously where we have gym class, and the gym teacher for our year is Mr. Hatch. He is kind of strict, seeing as he's also the basketball coach." Taylor informed him.

"Just stay on his good side and the class will be kind of tolerable." Abi added.

Michael nodded. He wasn't really paying attention to what they have been saying. He wasn't trying to be rude, it's just that he'll probably be moving again in a few months. His mom, however, had told him that they were staying in Idaho for good. But that's what she said about the last two times they moved, so he didn't have high hopes.

They were about to leave when someone from the class called out "Taylor!"

Michael turned to see two people jogging towards them. One was a guy who had a muscular build and blonde hair. He looked like a typical jock, even wearing a smug smile as he looked at Michael.