Chapter 3

***

The next chapter! Yipee!

***

"Wake and feel the warmth," a voice says in my ear.  It sounds like the vampire that was here the last time I woke up.  "Wake up and see the light.  Oh, wait, there is no sun.  For I am the light," he laughs in my ear and I wake up startled.

I sit up straight and see that it was the vampire from yesterday.

"Enjoying yourself I see," I remark as I see his eyes turn from humorous to sugary.

"Of course, I mean, with you all innocent looking and me whispering things in your ear.  Priceless.  You should have seen yourself," he chuckles under his breath.

"Well, I can't necessarily see myself, can I?  I was asleep."  I watched as his eyes turned back to humorous.  I was right before.  Mood swings.

"Well then," he stops and strokes his chin and begins to sing, "Good mornin' beautiful, how was your night?  Mine was wonderful, with you by my side."

I raise my hand and slap him across the cheek.  "Stop it," I say playfully until I see a giant welt on his cheek.  I look down at my hand and back at his astonished face.

"Ow," he mutters and brings a hand to his cheek. When he takes it down, he looks at me with an amused smile.

"I am so sorry," I stumble over myself to apologize. I raise my hand to help him with ice but he stops me.

"No, I'm fine.  It didn't bring blood," he says, his voice deep and rough.

"No, please, let me help.  Um, here," I give him a dish rag that was somehow still damp.  "We should have some juice in here somewhere," I rummage through the fridge.

"As much as I love seeing you care for me, I don't drink juice.  Vampire, remember.  You better get used to it too."

His words slammed into me and I wanted to cry.  But last night I had cried all my tears out and finally fallen asleep.  I faintly remember him struggling to carry me to the couch.  It was actually pretty funny watching him struggle like that.  I mean, I know I don't weigh much, but when I'm asleep I'm as heavy as all get out.

"Hey," he says, seeing my expression tighten up and now I wanted to punch him again.  In the stomach.  Then, I would continue to break every finger and toe, then continue on with amputating his arms and legs, the whole time him being awake and feeling the pain.

"Go away. Don't touch me!" I yell at him as he lifts an arm to wipe away the tears now streaming down my face.  I cover my face and start to run toward the front door of the house.  But then it all crashes on me, I feel thoughts of all kinds jumping through my head. Who should we kill next?  When's our new master going to come out? Jeez, I need some more nail polish!

I stand there and stare at the door, feelings rushing through me, and the thoughts piling one on top of the other as a stand and stare.  I don't want to hear them.  They sound like normal people, except the occasional violent thought.  No, I don't want this.

I slide to my knees in despair.  "Get out of my HEAD!" I scream at the top of my lungs and raise my arms in the air.  And as soon as I state that, they stop.  Just like that.  I look around, astonished, not actually believing they would disappear.

"What is it?" the vampire comes beside me.  "Are you okay?" his hands flit  up to my astonished face then stop as they see I'm not in pain.  "Are you playing with me?" he growls but I don't answer.

I stand up and look through the peep hole in the door and am surprised to find that I can see very well and have a broad view of my lawn. Which is covered in vampires.

"How? How can they come and go?  What is this?" I start to tenderly touch my head and feel akward when I feel that there is absolutely nothing different there other than the fact that there's hair on my head.

"What are you talking about?" the vampire growls again and I sense that he's just as angry with me as I am with him.

"Voices," I murmmer quietly, trying to calm him down a bit, "Voices going through my head.  I told them to stop, and they stopped."  I let tears stream down my face.  I'm not sure if I'm excited or not.  Right now, I think I feel both excitement and horror.

"Oh, yep.  See, the true leader of a pack of vampires can hear the thoughts of his or her clan.  It's unexplainable really.  It just happens." I hear the awe in his voice and wonder if I'm somehow different or something.

"What is it? Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask him, squirming under his gaze.

"You, you're the first one of our clan in hundreds of years!" he exclaims and I feel weird.  Like I'm the queen of them or something.  Maybe I am.  Or maybe I'm insane. The insanity sounds like the best choice.

"Now you've lost it Madeline.  Now you've lost it," I shake my head and start to stand up from my crouch on the floor and feel my knees go up easily without any troubles.

Laughing, I start to twirl around the room with the other vampire's hands in mine.  "I'm insane and my knees don't hurt.  What next?  I can fly?" I continue to spin and twist in circles until the euphoria starts to disappear and I collapse into the closest chair.

"What's your name?" I ask the vampire.  His cool green eyes look into mine and I feel safe around him.  Like he was meant to be around me.

"Joseph.  Joseph Carnwell." His eyes explore my face and I feel happy all over again.

"Well, I don't believe we've been approprietly met.  My name is Madeline.  Madeline Truth."  We shook hands I suddenly felt like I belonged here.  Like this is what I was meant to be.  No matter what my family says...

My family!

"Where is my mom and dad?" I growl at Joseph Carnwell.  His eyes widen in shock and I feel sad.  Maybe I'm the one with mood swings.  What is wrong with me?

"Never mind.  We'll talk about it later.  First, let me meet my clan," I stand up and watch Joseph rise with me and bow to me.

"My lady," he murmmers and I blush.  This won't be so bad after all.

***

So, how was it? Terrible, the best thing ever?  Tell me how awesome I am or if you disagree don't say anything.  :) Anyways, vote comment, and fan!