The Woods

As I stared out my window wondering why my owner hasn't let me out side yet I heard. Scratch! Scratch! Scratch! And I looked around in wonder I saw Sun and she yowled " Hey Shadow why hasn't your two leg let you out yet."
I answered her with a purr "Because she's in the dirt place and will take her a while."
But as I was meowing to her my two leg came and put on my collar and put me out side.
As I turned the corner of my house I saw Sun on my porch waiting for me. As I came into ear shot of her I yowled her name and she came trotting over to me and gave me a shove which sent me flying. As she helped me up she said in an embarrassment " Sorry I was just a little bit excited to see you. Because I wanted to tell you my two leg finally got me a bed all to my self. Well not all to my self because when ever I'm in it enjoying my self Snow has to come around and shove me off."
As Sun was bragging about how amazing her bed was I was staring at the woods in my back yard taking in how amazing it would be if I lived in there. But as I thought about it I realized that every cat that has gone in there never came back out.
   When finally Sun stopped talking she starred at me and asked if I was alright and answered with a nod. As I was nodding Sun said follow me. As I followed her she began to trot and stopped to look over her shoulder once of twice and finally she stopped and began to talk she said. " Shadow I love you and I really don't want to loose you so promise me you will never ever go into the woods. I just don't want to loose you like I lost my brother."
As her eyes began to water up she looked up at me with sadness in her eyes and padded away with her head held low. When she disappeared I realized that she must know why they haven't returned and what's going on so I tracked her scent and found her starring at the lake. As I padded up to her and sat down right next to her I asked her what happened she looked up at me and said. " When both Rusty and I where kittens we were playing with a ladybug. We played with that ladybug for hours straight until our mother called to us and said come on in you two it's time to come in. When she finished speaking those words Rusty said no he will never go back into the house and darted into the woods with no hesitation. Both my mom and I looked and looked for him but we could not find him any where. And from that moment on I have tried to think positive and that he will be back but now I realize he never will.
   When she finished her story I wrapped my tail around her and put my chin on her head and told her that " I will never leave her and she has nothing to worry about. "