A Mysterious Stranger

"Can we rest now?" Pippin yawned. He nearly dozed off to sleep.

""Yes, yes. Of course, Master Peregrin." answered Treebeard.

Treebeard carefully lifted us off of him and lowered us to the ground. We were in a heavily wooded area, filled with tall pine trees. It was already nighttime.

A full moon shined brightly in the starry sky

A full moon shined brightly in the starry sky. It's bright white light cascaded over the forest. There was a slight chill in the air.

"I don't have a warm, fuzzy feeling about this forest." stated Merry.

"Me neither." I replied. I felt as if we were being watched by something....or somebody. I heard rustling in the nearby bushes. "Did you guys see that?"

"See what?" asked Pippin and Merry.

"I thought I saw something moving over there."

"I didn't see anything." said Pippin, while scanning the forest.

All of a sudden, a dark shadow in the forest stopped and faced me.

"Guys, look!" I warned Merry and Pippin.

Merry and Pippin turned around and gazed at the mysterious figure. The figure had long, flowing, brown hair and a bearded face.

"Who is that?" Merry inquired

The human-like figure dashed away and was never seen again.

"It ran off." I sighed. "Oh, well. We should get some sleep. It's awfully late."

Merry and Pippin and I took shelter underneath Treebeard. I snatched Sweet Pea from my jacket, I snuggled him in my arms, and drifted off to sleep.