The Interview

"Jacob, it is 8:30 AM," Tomo announced, "You have a job interview today!"

Jacob sluggishly rose out of the couch, forgetting that he fell asleep binge watching his television show.

"Oh, thank goodness I set that time up."  Jacob yawned, "But why the hell did I sleep on the couch?"

"You passed out on the couch from being exhausted. Let's get you refreshed up for the day!"

Tomo rolled over to the kitchen while Jacob went in the bathroom to do his daily cleaning routine: Brush teeth, slick back hair, body spray, deodorant, and just for today, shaving. Lastly, he finally put his full suit on, along with a white dress shirt and black suit pants that still fit him. He grabbed the red tie he bought and tied it around his neck.

"Fresh as ever, Jacob." Jacob said to himself, "Let's see if I can pull it off!"

Once he was done with all of that, Jacob went in the kitchen to see that Tomo's face had a special interface with different coffee bean flavors that were loaded in the coffee machine.

"It seems like one of your coffee flavors are low!" Tomo said, "Would you like to use it up and blend another flavor?" Jacob pushed "Yes" on Tomo's face as another screen popped up on Tomo, which read, 'What flavor would you like today?'.

There were four flavors pre-loaded in the coffee machine: Colombian Brew, Kona Blend, Kenyan, and the one that ran out were beans imported from Java. He picked a mix of Kona and Java beans from the touch screen and right away, the coffee machine began to churn the beans. He grabbed a coffee mug and placed it under the coffee dispenser, where it eventually spat Jacob's brew.

"How is it?" Tomo asked while Jacob put a bit of milk in his coffee,

"I haven't tried it just yet, you know! Tomo, what's today's weather out?"

"Sunny with just the right amount of clouds. Today's temperature is seventy-two degrees Fahrenheit. Sounds like a wonderful day for your job interview!" 

Jacob took a sip of his coffee, noting the two different flavors clashing with each other. It was alright, but not the best blend.

"Ah, Jacob, what would you like for breakfast? From the inside of your pantry, I can see bagels. A nice bagel with cream cheese sounds like a nice breakfast."

"I never did think of that idea. Thank you Tomo! Oh, by the way, the coffee is alright."

"Not good or not bad? I understand."

Jacob grabbed a bagel and set up the toaster to toast two halves of a bagel. While that's toasting, he grabbed some cream cheese in the fridge, just enough to finish it off.

"I will be counting when your bagels are finished toasting, alright? In the meantime, your mother is calling you."

Tomo's camera activated while the screen loaded an image of his mother, and soon, into a live feed of what is going on over there.

"Well hello Jacob!" His mother greeted, "How is life over in the big city?"

"Mom, I forgot to tell you," Jacob began, "But I'm gonna go for an interview today for a new job!"

"Oh, how wonderful! I hope it goes well for you. So where might you work at?"

"I sent an application over to Frontier Robotics some time back and are rather interested in me being there since before I graduated, they had a robotics workshop I participated in. Looks like my degree really paid off after all."

"Well, you never know, Jacob. Just remember to keep calm and act professional in a professional environment, and New York City is their biggest branch for their American division after all."