Always

Sam was crying again. It wasn't his fault, he was only one and a half, but it's was 2 in the morning. Dad was on another hunt, and Dean was with Sam at a motel somewhere in South Carolina. Despite the time, and Dean's extreme exhaustion, he dragged himself out of bed, and walked over to the playpen. He picked up Sammy, and sat down with his legs crossed like his mom showed him too. Dean started to rock him back and forth, and he sang the song that their mom used to sing whenever they couldn't sleep.

"Come stop your crying, it'll be alright.
Just take my hand, hold it tight
I will protect you, from all around you
I will be here, don't you cry.

Sam was already calming down and relaxing, so Dean kept singing.

"For one so small, you seem so strong
My arms will hold you keep you safe and warm.
This bond between us, can't be broken
I will be here, don't you cry."

Sam's eyes were closing, and so were Dean's, but he kept singing, because if he stopped, then Sammy would wake up again.

"Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes you'll be in my heart.
From this day on, now and forevermore.
You'll be in my heart.
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart, always."

"Always. Do you hear that Sammy? I'll always be here for you. I'm your big brother, and I swear, nothing bad will ever happen to you. I'll go through hell first. Remember that Sammy."

So yeah, it's a bit short. Sue me. It's a short song, and I feel like this is a good length. Deal with it.