Chapter 40

Qirat's p.o.v.

"Main tumsay pyaar karta hoon."

I could not get his words out of mind.

I looked at my phone. It was almost 3 in the afternoon. Itna late! Iqra wasn't in the room. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. After freshening up, I walked out of my room. I descended the staircase and made my way to the kitchen. I took out the bottle of juice from the fridge and poured it in a glass. Placing the bottle back in the fridge, I picked up the glass and walked to the living room. Ammi and Iqra were in the living room.

Hussain's p.o.v.

"mujhay Qirat say baat karni hai, Shehry." I told Shehry. "pehlay toh woh meri calls ya message ka jawab nahi de rahi thi aur ab uska phone off hai." I added. I had called and messaged her several times but she didn't respond to any of them.

"bhai, usay thoda waqt day." Was all he said.

There was a knock on the door that diverted our attention. Shehry got up and opened the door. It was Masooma.

"Aap dono ko begum sahiba neechay sahab kay study mein bulaa rahi hain." she said and Shehry nodded. She walked away.

"Chal, ammi bula rahi hain." He turned to me and said. I got up and we walked downstairs.

Ammi and abbu were sitting in abbu's study.

"Aao, beta.. baitho yahan." Abbu said. Koi toh serious baat hai.

We sat down on the sofa.

"Kya baat hai, abbu? Sab kheriat hai na?" Shehry asked and abbu smiled, nodding.

"Tumharay abbu aur main yeh sochrahay hain kay ab toh Qirat bhi wapis aagayi hai aur poora khaandaan Alhumdulillah yahin hai toh kyun na hum aglay maheenay tumhari aur Lubna ki mangni karden." Ammi explained and no matter how upset I was right now, a smile made its way to my face. "Bas isliye mashwara karnay kay liye tum dono ko bulaaya hai." She added.

"Shehryaar ki marzi pata chal jaaye toh ghar kay badon say mashwara karkay baat aagay barhaaengay." Abbu said.

"itni jaldi?" Shehry said. He was so trying to hide his smile.

"Aur nahi toh kya? Buddha honay kay baad shaadi karayga?" I asked him. "Aap log bas mangni ki tayyaarian shuru karen!" I added and Shehry gave me a 'tujhay toh main baad mein dekhta hoon' look which made me laugh. Ammi and abbu smiled.

"Toh main badon say mashwara karkay Lubna kay ghar waalon say baat karoon?" Ammi asked and Shehry smiled.

"Jee." He said and I hugged, more like squeezed him

"Acha ammi, abbu, main aur Shehry kahin baahar jaa saktay hain?" I asked ammi and abbu and they nodded, allowing us.

We got up and made our way outside our place and got in Shehry's car.

"Chal, Iqra aur Qirat ko pick karletay hain." I told and Shehry just looked at me.

"Are you sure Qirat will be okay?" He asked.

"Okay hona parhega usay. Mainay koi ghalat baat nahi ki.. sirf apni mohabbat ka izhaar kiya hai. Agar usay main nahi pasand toh na sahi, lekin uss ek baat ki wajah say woh humaari dosti nahi kharaab karsakti." I told him and he smiled.

"Hmmm." was all he said.

"Main unhay call karkay bata deta hoon." I told Shehry and he nodded.

I called Iqra because calling Qirat was pointless. I needed to talk to her. She can't just stop talking to me because of this.

"Haan, Iqra," I spoke through the phone, "Shehry nay tum logon ko kuch bataana hai toh hum tumhari taraf aarahay hain aur phir Qirat ko pick karkay kahin baahir chalengay." I explained her the plan.