Chapter 3 - Research

Start from the beginning

Allie and I were about to get into the cars.

"Want to hang?" I asked quickly. "You can tell me what you know. We can go on our own scout mission."

Allie looked back and smiled. "Yea, that would be fun."

"What do you mean by that?" My father asked.

"Coach Neil." Allie whined. "We'd look at the team's we are playing in Boston. Starting with the pool play. We could start with the Maine teams."

I nodded. "Yea. And we can see if Laura is playing with the Drifters."

"Well, alright." My father said. "Just be in bed at a reasonable time. I assume you two want to spend the night at our house."

"Awesome." I said. "Thanks dad. Why don't you get your stuff ready before you come over."

"Don't even say that ever again." Allie said as she snapped her fingers.

I looked in the car to see her stuff in there. I face palmed right there. "Ugh, why Allie?"

She just laughed as she got in. "This is gonna be fun."

My mother got in the front as Allie and I got in the back. "Now are you two glad you didn't drive yourselves?"

"Yea, mom." I said. "I could use a break from driving."

"Of course, Sherry." Allie said. "I didn't really bring the right shoes to drive anyways."

My mother started laughing. "You played amazing by the way."

We both chimed in. "Thanks."

...time skip...

We arrived at my house. My car was parked next to my father's silver truck. When. I got my license, my dad let me drive his Volvo. I am the primary operator of this car, so it's not exactly under my name.

So, anyways, Allie and I ran into my house as soon as we parked. As soon as I entered my room, I already saw Allie at my desk.

I started laughing. "Again with the teleporting. Shtaaap. It ain't fair."

She giggled. "What, now you're not used to my ability?" She asked, laughing. "Well, I am related to one." I said. "So why am I whining?" "Exactly." She said.

I opened my computer and it took me to the lock screen of my Minecraft character. I haven't changed my wallpaper in two years. It's kinda sad.

She seemed to hear my thoughts. "Well, I think your Minecraft character is cute." She said.

I just sighed. "I'm gonna have to get used to this again."

"Yup. I feel ya."

I typed in the password and opened the browser.

"Alright." I said adjusting the computer. "Type in what you know and show me what you're talking about."

"My pleasure." She said as she searched 'Bangor Blaze.'

A few links popped up. And I also saw a few images. I saw a girl who looked a lot like me. She was the catcher and her pitcher was a girl who looked a lot like Clara.

"If that looked like you, then that would be really creepy." I said.

"Agreed. And I don't know how I remember this stuff. I'm usually terrible at remembering. That's not the me I know."

We both laughed as we scrolled down.

Then, I saw a link to an article. '2/4 singing werewolves found.' I clicked on it and the same team came up.

Her eyes widened. "This is the team we are playing in Boston."

"No way."

She just found the headline. "Oh. Um, Maddie?"

"What?"

"I think I should read this."

I nodded. "Go ahead."

She started reading: "After a tournament in Blue Hill, Maine, 16 year old Madison Treble of the Bangor Blaze was attacked by the opposing team's starting pitcher, 17 year old Shannon Healy. She seemed to be a vampire hunting singing wolves. Witnesses revealed sightings of a girl in catching gear doubling over in pain before seeing a pair of acute wolf ears on top of her head. She stayed in her hybrid form as she was being attacked.-"

I stopped her. "okay, I'm done."

She looked confused. "huh?"

"She is also a singing werewolf." I replied. "And if we are playing them in Boston, we need to befriend her and her pitcher."

"Wait. You're right. When is a good time?"

"How about now? We could find a way to befriend Madison and get her trust."

"And we know her friends' names too. Her pitcher, Laura, her catcher, Lilly, and shortstop Rachel. So we should talk to them too since they're witnesses."

I saw pictures of them and my eyes widened. "Oh my god. Laura looks like Clara, Lilly looks like Sam, and... Rachel looks like my cousin, Shelly. There's some explaining to do."

"Jeez."

I thought for a moment. "Okay, keep reading. I can handle it."

"Okay. Let's continue: Her teammates, Laura Reid and Lilly Marglous, have known since Madison made the team. Will this be help or will it lead to the attraction of more enemies?"

"Well, that was better than my article from when I was 11." I said.

She looked alarmed. "What?"

"It's a very long story. That's when I was recognized as the rare one at first. But now that Madison is like me, I'm not alone I guess. We gotta find her and help her. But we know her enemy is on our team. I wonder... Oh no."

"What?"

"Annabelle."

"What about her?"

"Just look up Annabelle Nelson. I swear I saw her in the article. I have a bad feeling about this."

Allie typed in her name and images came up. I saw Madison next to her. And she was wearing the same jersey as Madison.

I screamed. "Oh god. They are on the same team."

What's gonna be the plan from here?