The Girlfriend

Albus

He sauntered down the hall, his scarf swinging and a slight smirk on his face.

He entered the Head Prefect Common Rooms just as jauntily as he had been walking.

Scorpius was sitting on the couch in front of him, his nose buried in a book as usual.

Albus sat next to him, playfully slapping his shoudler.
"Scorpius!" he barked in his ear. "Big news!"
Scorpius jumped and pushed his book aside, giving his attention to Albus.
"I've got a girlfriend!" he announced.

Scorpius's face fell for a tenth of a second, so short Albus thought he had imagined it. Then he scrunched up his face in confusion.

"I thought you were gay?"

Albus shrugged. "But I mean, she's really hot. I might be bi," he admitted.

Scorpius raised his eyebrows but said nothing.

"So who's the girl?" asked Scorpius.

"Angeline Ryce," he answered.

"She's a total slut!" exclaimed Scorpius, appalled.

"I know," said Albus, and shrugged again. "Eh."

Scorpius rolled his eyes and went up to his room.

Scorpius

He sat on his bed, his shoulders sagging.

So him and Albus really had no chance.

Scorpius had been in love with Albus since first year when they had crossed eyes at the train station. There was something so attractive about his curly brown hair, his angular jawline, his careless stylishness. He had quickly befriended the boy in hopes of a romantic relationship, but had been shot down when Albus started going out with a girl in second year. For a while, Scorpius had convinced himself that he wasn't gay, and he also started dating girls. But he just couldn't keep denying it, and eventually he came out to Albus in fifth year, and Albus had revealed he was also gay, giving Scorpius a small glimmer of hope. It was now sixth year, and Scorpius was finding it harder and harder to focus with Albus in the room. He feared that if he held back any longer, he would explode.

And now he had a girlfriend?! He couldn't believe it. He could have sworn that Albus had also been acting strangely around him, and zoemtimes he caught him staring, but apparently, that all didn't matter; Albus wasn't gay, he was dating a girl.

Scorpius sighed. He was going to have to get used to it. This year was even worse, too: Albus and Scorpius had both been so good, they had been appointed Head Boys a year early. Now they shared a dorm. If that wasn't torture, Scorpius didn't know what was.

He heard his bedroom door swing open, and Albus walked over to sit down next to him. As he sat down, Scorpius caught his scent; a manly mixture of mint, wood, and some perfume. Probably Amanda's. Or Antonia's. What was her name?

"So I've been thinking," started Albus. "I really want Angelina and you to become better friends."

Angelina. That's what it was.

"Yeah," he muttered, aware that he was probably coming across more hostile than he wanted to.

Albus placed a gentle hand on Scorpius' shoulder, making his hand jerk slightly. It was so hard.

"Look, mate. I'm not asking you two to be friends, just get to know each other better," Albus said softly.

Scorpius nodded. "I guess so."

...

"Scorpius!" hissed a voice in the dark, a rough hand shaking him awake as he rubbed his eyes groggily.

"Hmm...what?"

"Scorpius!"

Scorpius turned over and got up. He realized he was shirtless and hastily pulled on a shirt, trying to hide his reddening cheeks.

Albus stood in his robes, holding his invisibility cloak.

"What did you wake me up in the middle of the night for?" asked Scorpius as Albus pulled him out of bed, handing him his robes.

"I heard that they've moved the Mirror of Erised back to the school! We've gotta go check it out," whispered Albus.

"Ugh, you'd think after last time you'd've learned your lesson, Albus," said Scorpius, rolling his eyes.

Albus shrugged and pulled the invisibility cloak over them.

As they walked into the hallway, Scorpius heard Albus whisper, "Muffliato."

Scorpius smiled a little. "Your father teach you some tricks?"

Albus smirked. "Maybe." He chuckled and pulled the invisibility cloak closer as they snuck down the hallways.

Scorpius was dying, feeling his body pressed against Albus's and yet not being able to touch it. He tried to hurry along so he wouldn't get too flustered.

When they finally arrived, Albus took off the Invisibility Cloak and they stood to the side of the Mirror.

"Ladies first," smirked Albus.

Scorpius chuckled uneasily, scared that what he would see would arouse him too much.

As he watched the scene in the mirror unfold, he felt a slight poke in his boxers. He felt a flush rise to his cheeks. He stepped aside, holding his cloaks loosely so as to hide his erection.

"What'd you see?" asked Albus.

Scorpius blushed again. "I...I had a little brother and we were playing," he lied.

As Albus turned away, Scorpius saw him slightly raise an eyebrow. Albus stood in front of the Mirror, and instead of the smile Scorpius expected, Albus flushed a deep shade of red, a shocked expression on his face.

"What?" inquired Scorpius, a little worried.

Albus shook his head, as if to ward off the thoughts he had been thinking. "No, just...not what I expected," Albus lied. "Let's go."

As they ran out, Scorpius noticed Albus holding his robes the same way Scorpius was holding his.

Albus

He collapsed on his bed after wishing Scorpius a good night.

What had that scene in the Mirror meant? He had been trying to hide his boner, and he knew Scorpius had also been hiding one.

Albus had been denying his feelings for years. He had started developing feelings in second year. He immediately tried to disperse them by immersing himself with girls, but his thoughts kept straying back to Scorpius. All the girls he had been with had broken up with him because he would always be daydreaming and not spending time with them.

He stopped dating after that, and when Scorpius admitted he was gay, Albus also decided it was time to admit it to himself and Scorpius that he was gay, too.

After that, he didn't date anyone for a year. He sometimes caught himself gazing at Scorpius in class, and he sometimes woke up flustered after dreaming about him.

Albus tried to push the thoughts away again this year by dating Angeline, Angelina? But that moment with the Mirror of Erised made him realize that he couldn't suppress his feelings.

He needed to break up with that slut Angelina.