Secrets

Akali's P.O.V

"Akali, come over here. I need to talk to you for a bit." Shen informed. I headed over to where he was standing and he continued talking once I was there."You were once Zed's former student right? You're the only one who can do this mission. I figured that it's nearly impossible to rebuild the Kinkou Order without being in our land, the Ionian Isles. You need to gain Zed's trust again and we, altogether will try to push Zed out of our land. Are you up to it?"

I hesistated for a moment. Meeting Zed again is the hardest thing to do. We were so close back then. He was the only other person besides my mother who taught me the art of the shadows, how to use it and how to move with it.

Grief ruled over me once I saw all that he had done, and how he destroyed the Kinkou Order. I didn't know what to think. Jealousy and frustration took over him, since Shen got more attention than him and always beat him in a fight. Seeing as he was my mentor, I was quite suprised and shocked that he went to retrieve the forbidden box.

"Akali, are you okay?" I heard Kennen ask out of nowhere and then realised that he was beside me.

"Yeah. By the way Shen, when do I travel to the Ionian Isles?" I asked.

"Whenever you want to, although I recommend tomorrow would be best." Shen explained.

"There's a problem though, without Akali there won't be balance, since she's far away while were here." Kennen informed while looking at me.

"Umm..about that, there's a skill that I learnt from Zed a while ago, although you guys or anyone doesn't know. I can create a shadow form of myself and she can take my place here." I suggested, and they both nodded.

As the night slowly passed by, I could barely get any sleep. Knowing that tomorrow I will be on my way to see someone who turned his back not only on me, but everyone else, makes me feel scared. There's no knowing how strong he is now, especially since he has mastered the forbidden art of the shadows.

For the rest of the night, I ended up staring at the stars that were unevenly sprinkled in the pitch black sky. It was a clear night tonight, and the full moon was trying its best to be the center of attention. My mind started to wander off into my past, the past that I want to forget, but never can.

To be honest, I think I had a thing for him back then. I mean he taught me everything that I needed to know and he was really kind towards me. But now, all of that changed. His personality and everything changed. He's cold-hearted now. There's no way of approaching him. I wonder if there's actually a way to change him back to who he was before. Will I really get the chance?

I saw a shooting star, flying across the sky.

"I wish that everything would be normal again, like Zed getting past all of this jealousy and frustration that's ruling over him." I quietly told myself, knowing that it was childish because it was destiny that my life was this way. It was fate. The stars showed me that it was.