A Bond with Mankind and Artificial Intelligence

Start from the beginning

"Thank you Tomo. Let me just find my suit that I haven't worn in forever, and to find a tie to make it perfect."

"Do you remember where it is?"

"Tomo, I know where my stupid suit is. It's in my closet...right here!" Jacob grabbed the suit and knew something was wrong with it. He tried it on and felt it was rather tight for him.

"Dammit, I forgot this suit was used for my Senior prom, and now I probably won't have time to get a new one. Are there any suit stores nearby me, Tomo?"

"According to Google, there are suit stores not very far from here. I will send directions to your smartphone right...now!"

Jacob's phone beeped, indicating that Tomo's directions were successfully sent through. He grabbed the phone and looked at the maps application, where directions were immediately loaded in just seconds.

"Alright, Tomo, I will be back soon. Secure the apartment when I leave."

Tomo's eyes turned blue while a badge appeared on its screen, indicating it is in Security Mode. Once Jacob closed the door, Tomo began to patrol around the apartment and stayed especially close to windows, where it can recognize criminals that are attempting to break through the apartment via facial recognition, along with an emergency call to Jacob himself and most importantly, 911.

Jacob walked down through the corridors until he reached the elevator, pushing the button to go down to the first floor. He waited and waited until the doors opened, letting out an elderly woman with her own robot servant known as Asfel, short for Assistant for the Elderly. Though Asfel wasn't made by Frontier Robotics, Jacob was amazed at the robot that held hands with the old woman, seeing that they had a bond for quite some time. Asfel waved to Jacob and wished him to have a nice day. He assumed that the woman and Asfel were going to see their family, considering that he knew there was a family on the floor he was on.

He went on the elevator and pushed the button to the first floor, where the front desk of his apartment complex was at. Once down at the first floor, he saw a robot that served as a front-desk agent, known as ServBOT, an all-purpose robot from being a front desk agent to helping find items at a store. They are programmed differently, so each ServBOT is different than the other. This ServBOT is named Paprika.

"Hello, Jacob," Paprika said, "Where are you off to?"

"My suit didn't fit me, so I got to get a new one," Jacob answered,

"Have you thought of getting a new tie? It appears the store you are going is having a tie sale." Paprika had a screen on its chest, showing the store's website with a banner that read Tie sale! Buy one, get one FREE!

Jacob looked at his phone, seeing that Paprika can sync through his phone and see the directions that he is following with.

"I could go for a new tie, though. Thank you, Paprika. I don't know the last time I wore a suit or a tie, but thanks a bunch!"

"My pleasure."

Paprika then resumed to its daily routine of monitoring the front desk while assisting those returning to their apartments or visitors finding out what apartment is someone's apartment, along with fingerprint proof to prove that you are related to the apartment owner.

Today in New York City was just another average Spring day. Cool yet not too cold; it was just right. There were still trees in the city and many of them almost got their leaves. The people he passed by rode on hoverboards and segways that turned into their own robotic companion. Drones delivered packages to people just outside of their window, which was just as normal as seeing pigeons all over the city.