The last part...explained

James
1

Okay, okay I know you want answers so quiet down and let me tell you what you may or may not want to hear.  Okay? Okay. Alright now that we're all settled here, we can begin. Okay so you probably want to know how I did what I did so fast. Well see now one day I was taken by a man in a white van - get your head out of the gutter...just kidding it's fine there - and well he took me to a "lab". The next thing I rember is waking up in a glass tube in what looked like a sewer (some sanitary "lab" this is). Now maybe this guy thought it was funny to see me go from clam and collected to grasping onto what I thought might be my last breath. I sure didn't. So after mr. whitecoat made all the air go bye-bye, I remember feeling as if I was being boiled. After that I woke up on the street who knows how many days later, except I'm different now. I feel different, I realize I'm a lot stronger than I was, I don't know maybe smudge taller and a whole lot faster. One thing I didn't notice right away is the fact that I have extreme regenerative capabilities (found that one out the hard way). Anywho that's a story for later. So here I am not knowing what happened to me or how the hell I got here. All I know is that I look like Freddie Kreuger had a baby with a topographical map of Europe. Fast forward a few months and here I am just sittin in my favorite bar just passing time when police burst through the door and yell for everyone to get on the ground. I do as I'm told for once and hit the floor, a little too hard. I hear footsteps approaching me and look up to see a police officer staring me in the face.
"Mr. James Romily, you're under arrest for aggravated assault and attempted murder. Put your hands behind your back and don't move."
"M'am I think you've got yourself mistaken, I don't know what you're talking about"
"Cut the crap, Romily."
"Have you seen the movie 127 hours?  Spoiler alert."
As I say this I'm already beginning to slice off my own hands. How am I doing this? Little something I like to call a rookie police officer. She'd left a knife in the back of her belt, which I grabbed with my teeth ever so sneakily. Okay you may have one more question "why am I cutting my hands off? Well that's because I want to cause a distraction, if the police are busy looking at the two hands that had just hit the floor with a thud, both having their middle fingers extended towards the ceiling, they would be too busy to see me getting away. Or I hoped so at least.  I got to my feet and started running towards the nearest window, I was out of there in the blink of an eye. I don't know what happened to the police officers back there but all I know is that I started getting this very strange feeling in my wrists. A strange tingling, like the feeling you get when you sleep on your arm and cut off the blood flow to your hand. I looked down and saw that I was starting to get my hands back, and as any normal person would, I screamed. Like a little schoolgirl. Well that's embarrassing. I kept running, at my now extremely fast pace thanks to whatever happened to me. Anyway, as I looked down at my "hands" I saw that they were growing and quite a rapid pace, as of now they were about they size of a KFC spork. So what happened after that you're probably asking. Well, I went into hiding moving from alleyway to alleyway each night, collecting supplies to get back on my feet, and well frankly to make my very own super suit. I know, I know, "superheroes and that stuff aren't real" well think again, because I'm different. And a whole lot funnier too. I gathered a variety of leathers and other clothing materials until I settled for red spandex. I know, amazing right? So this all happened oh I don't know maybe three months ago. Fast forward to two weeks ago which is about when I found out about this whole "cycle" thing. Even I'm new to this. So I'm wearing my newly perfected super suit and I call for a cab to take me to my favorite place to sit and watch the world go by. On top of a huge bridge over the freeways. I like to sit and let my feet dangle. Don't judge me, I know you were going to. Anyway, I get bored of sitting in the backseat of the can and squeeze myself through the opening between the front seats that leads to the front of the cab.