Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

            “For your information we will not be doing that for a long time, I am still a respective woman.” She replied.

            At the sound of her words I kept on laughing. “That was too funny.”

            She rolled her eyes and stood up. “So where are you going so early?”

            “To Vince’s then to the coffee shop to hang out with Kate and Angel.”

            “Why Vince’s?” She asked.

            “I have to kiss his butt and try to get him to forgive me so we can be friends again.” I stated.

            My mother shook her head. “Do you even know why he is mad at you?”

            I snorted and shook my head; she took that as a gesture of understanding and continued talking.

            “Make him some food and everything should be fine, boys are simple creatures.”

            “What should I make him?” I asked her.

            Just before she could answer the doorbell rang. My mother got up and answered the door; Tristan was standing there waiting for my mother. I waved at Tristan and gave my mother a look that signaled she better leave.

            “Bye Mel, see you later.” She waved goodbye.

            “See you Mom, have fun. Oh and Tristan, don’t try anything with my mom!” I yelled as they walked down the pathway.

            Tristan turned around and chuckled while my mother tried to tug him along before I could harass her further. I shut the door and turned towards the kitchen, I needed to figure out what I could possibly make Vince.

            I took a seat on the counter as I thought for a minute or two. What could he possibly like to eat? I want it to be a surprise, but a gift that shows I tried. So throwing in some no bake cookies would be a giveaway that I don’t care. I sighed and put my hands on my face.

            Vince is an unusual guy, so maybe if I make him something unusual it will show him I know him well enough to care. All of a sudden a thought occurred to me; I remembered he said he likes pumpkin bread. Obviously we failed at making it before, and I didn’t really have the time to make it now. But it gave me an idea.

            If he likes pumpkin bread then he likes pumpkins, so what other flavored treats are just like pumpkin bread? Pumpkin cookies, which seemed simple enough to make in such a short period of time. I looked over at the clock and it was almost eleven.

            This would have to be quick, because I had places to be and people to see. I grabbed my mixing bowl and grabbed all of the ingredients I would need to make the cookies. All I needed was canned pumpkin, flour, and some other small spices, and of course milk. I quickly mixed everything together and put the lumps of cookies on the cookie tray.

            Lucky for me the cookies only took about twenty minutes to bake. I had three sheets of cookies in the oven and ready to go, this time I set my timer and sat on the counter. In my spare time I had decided to check my phone.

            Kaden had sent me a text already and I was eager to read it.

            When can we hang out next? I had such a good time with you!

            A huge smile took over my face and I quickly texted him back a reply, after that we had a small conversation in which I may or may not have blushed through.