Chapter 1 "Heed my call"

Start from the beginning

"Freckles... not a day goes by without me thinking about you...do you even think about me? You had moved on with your life... you are so much stronger than me... it's been over 40 years... And I can still feel the pain like it was yesterday. I will never get over you...I was cursed to be monogamous like some species...you are my wife in my heart. You'll always be the only one for me."

He went outside; there were a lot of people coming out of the theatre. He wanted to walk home, he was in no hurry to get there. He had become senseless. While he was in street, he thought he heard a laugh... her laugh!

No, it couldn't be... but it made his heart race. Could it be? Maybe she was there... Maybe she came to the theatre to see the play... why would she? She never came in more than forty years... he would look at every women's face to see if she were there, but she never was. But that laugh, it had to be her, he would recognise it anywhere! He looked around, and he saw a girl with long blond wavy hair... It was her!

- CANDY ! He yelled, CANDY ! WAIT ! CANDY !

He started to walk faster, even running to catch up with her, calling her name, but the girl wouldn't stop...

- CANDY !

He started to run, but he felt a very sharp pain in his chest, he was out of breath, so he fell on the ground...

An ambulance was called he was taken to the hospital. The only thing he said was; Candy...

oOoOoOoOoOo

At the same time in Chicago, Candice White Andrew was celebrating her birthday at the manor. She still looked young, not like a woman in her fifties. She looked more matured but her blond hair was hiding her grey strokes. Her husband had invited a lot of people to celebrate with them. She was wearing a beautiful green dress which matched her yes. All her friends and families were there. Annie was also there.

- Happy Birthday Candy!

- Happy Birthday Annie! Said Candy smiling.

- I can't believe we're both here celebrating our birthday together still, after all these years...

- You've had a good life, said Candy, you married the man you loved, had children, and now you have grandchildren...

- You have lived a good life too... you adopted the children from the Pony Home, they brought you joy...you also have grandkids...

- Yes... and my latest conquest...

- Diana..., your protégée

- Yes... she's so sweet. She wants to be a nurse like me...

Diana arrived and hugged her mentor.

- Are you ok? She asked, you look sad...