Chapter 1 "Heed my call"

Hey! For our dear Candy's birthday, I decided to go a little sci-fi! LOL! Enjoy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANDY!

Lovebirds, lovebirds,

look at you and me.

I see you and you see me.

Here we are, perched on a tree branch,

cuddling lovingly.

Hopefully, very soon we will build our nest

and start a family

I have heard that birds of a feather

flock together.

I hope that means we will always stay

side by side now and forever.

I give you a peck and you give one to me,

Kissing birds is what we are,

and it's as sweet as can be.

Lovebirds, Lovebirds, look at you and me.

We are as happy as two lovebirds can ever ever be.

Judith Pleasant

It was another evening coming to an end. The manager of the theatre, had just finished turning off the lights of his office. It was the same thing every single night and he thought it was so boring... He used to love the theatre, it was the only place where he could be whatever he wanted to be... but after reality usually came crashing down. In the long run, he became the manager of the theatre after Robert Hathaway retired. He had married his duty and he took his responsibility. He did what everybody expected him to do... including her....the love of his life, the only woman he had ever loved... She had left him so he could fulfill his duty and he had let her go... That was something he regretted every single day of his life. He went looking for her in Chicago and finally he went back to his duty, after seeing how she moved on with her life.... But since then, he had never cracked a smile on his face again. He did what was expected of him, but it was like the laugher and the smiles were suddenly taken away from him....It was years later... He was in his fifties. He had no children, and his wife was so in love with him, like the first day... He didn't care about that at all, that love was lethal to him, that love had separated him from the only woman he had ever loved... He regretted being alive, he wished she had let him take his chances with that spotlight, but things were what they were. His wife had been very happy, since the day he had chosen her. He had left her, but he had come back to her and she was on cloud nine ever since. Just to be close to him made her feel better, it even made the loss of her leg worth it...Because, had she had not lost it, Terrence Grandchester wouldn't had given her a second look, to say the least. It had been forty happy years for her. Even if he never smiled at her, he never smiled, period, she was happy to have him...

Terrence Grandchester was feeling pretty blue. He was still very attractive; his hair now had strokes of grey. He was sadder than usual. He had a book of poems and he had just read one on "lovebirds" and it reminded him of the love he had lost.