Chapter 6 "Reconciliations"

The butler ran to pick up the big bird on the floor as fast as he could and put it on the silver tray. Eleonor's face was pale as a ghost's.

- Terry! She said

Terry couldn't believe he was in the same room as the woman who gave birth to him and coldly abandoned him, for her precious career. He was very angry. He turned to Candy:

- Is this some kind of joke? He asked her

- What's going on? How do you know Miss Baker? Said Candy

- As if you don't know! You lured me in here to see her! Well I'm not staying! I thought I could trust you Candy! How could you do this to me? How could you lie to me like that!?

- I have no idea what you're talking about! And don't call me a liar! I'm not the one who pretended to be the cook's son! Said Candy

- Terrence, said Eleonor

- You shut up! He said up, I'm not talking to you!

- Terry why are you being rude to Miss Baker like that?! I thought you were the son of a Duke with the best education...

- Candy, said Eleonor, it's ok... I'm his mother...

- You're not my mother! You're nothing to me!!!!

An astonished Candy looked at the very angry young man and she could barely recognise the young man she had fallen in love with. He was hurt and he wanted to hurt his mother back.

Terry was so upset, he turned around to leave...

- Terry! Wait! Please, I beg you! Said Eleonor in tears, don't go... please stay...

But Terry was already in the hallway, and then at the door, he took his coat to leave...

Candy still surprised by the events, ran to Eleonor.

- Are you all right, Miss Baker?

- I'm fine Candy

- I'm so sorry, I had no idea...

- It's not your fault

- I'm going to go talk to him

- No, let him be, he's upset with me

- That doesn't give him the right to be rude to you like that! You're his mother, you gave birth to him!!! Said Candy, I'll be right back...

- You don't know the whole story...

- All I know it's that you have to honour your mother and father..., said Candy leaving

She ran to the hallway, grabbed her coat and rushed outside. She looked on both side of the street and she saw that Terry was walking towards the park.

- TERRY! TERRY! WAIT!!!! She yelled catching up with him

Terry was still walking, not turning around.

- Terry!!! She said touching his arm, you could at least answer me!!!! Terry!!!! I'm sorry, I had no idea!

Terry finally stopped. Candy was talking to him and he was calming down, just by hearing her voice. He turned around and looked at her. She was sincere, how could he doubt her?

- You really didn't know?

- I swear to you...

- I'm sorry for getting angry at you, then...

- Apology accepted... but...

- What?

- I don't care what your relationship with your mother is, you don't talk to your mother like that, period!