Only you - chapter 2 (complete)

Only you...

Part 2

The trip down memory lane was done, and they both came back to reality.

- So much things happened... said Candy, you think that the snow is going to stop falling today?

- I don't know, but if it allowed me to meet you here, I hope it falls for a long time...

- You take that as a sign from heaven?

- During all our years of separation, it's the first time we see each other...You can't know how much I missed you...

- You can't talk like that, Terry...you have a lady companion...

- And you've got Albert?

- Albert has been very good and very patient with me... I love him very much...

He felt hurt. Albert replaced him in her heart? She was so nice with him on the phone earlier...

- You're going to marry him?

- I don't know, I was thinking not to make him wait anymore when he's going to propose to me for the thousandth time...

- You were saying "no" before?

- Yes... he adopted me...

- So technically, he's your father?

- Kind of, yes...

- It doesn't sound weird in your head?

- He's not old, Terry... he loves me... I need to be loved. I've been running away enough as it is...

- Don't you think it's weird that when you finally make the decision to say "yes" to Albert, you meet me?

- Don't tell me you wanted to raise the grade of your lady companion?

She looked at Terry who raised his eyebrows. Him too? That was not possible!

- You finally decided to marry her? Said Candy hurt, you love her?

- I've been living with her for years...I got used to her...

- You didn't answer my question... do you love her?

- What do you think?

- That you wouldn't stay for so long with a woman you didn't love...

- For duty and obligation...yes...

- Duty and obligation? Oh...

- She's a good friend...

- A good friend? Are you...lovers?

- Yes...

Candy felt like she got a knife stuck into her heart. It hurt her; it was one thing to "know" it, but it was something else to hear it from Terry's mouth.

- Was that part of your duty and obligations too? She asked hurt

- Candy...

She was hurt; he was happy inside. Candy was a little ashamed.

- I'm sorry, I have no rights to say that... after all you've been living together for years...And I left you so you could be with her... after all you want to marry her...

- For me it's the logical conclusion...

- The logical conclusion? Oh...first you're engaged to the woman you love...you get saved by a colleague very in love with you who loses her leg in the process, you break up with your fiancée, become the lover of your crippled colleague for years and now you want to marry her! I'm sure it's the logical conclusion for every body! She said ironically, I'm sorry; I have a phone call to make!