{Chapter 4}

Part 2- Inside

It was a rainy day and Nicole found herself running through the wet roads of New York, her school bag positioned on top of her head as some kind of a protection against the heavy rain. She knew her books were getting wet along with her latest English essay but at the moment, she couldn't care less.

When the clouds seemed to get heavier and darker and the rain more violent as it hit the Earth's surface, she quickly picked up her pace and sprinted through the busy crowds with colourful umbrellas to reach the bar in which her best friend Cassie worked.

She stopped before the tight wooden door with a square hole in which glass was positioned to let people see what was going on inside and clasped the golden handle, pushing the door open to let her in. Immediately, the sound of music and the bittersweet smell of coffee wrapped around her, making her feel relaxed after an extremely stressful day.

A very bad day.

She walked over a table near the windows and slumped down with a heavy sigh. It wasn't one of the best days of her life and the weather only helped her mood to drop even further into the abyss it was already buried in.

Nicole turned her head towards the window painted with rain and unfocused her gaze to go over all the events of the day. Her day kicked off with Nicole waking up to her brother -Cameron- singing along the angry voice of some heavy metal vocalist of some band that she did not recognise, giving her a powerful headache that lasted the whole day and got worse and worse during last period- maths.

Usually, she didn't mind maths.Mr. Bree was a nice middle-aged man with dark brown hair and a modulated voice that explained every topic with passion,sometimes slipping in some jokes that never made anyone laugh except himself. That day, though, his voice was strident and unpleasant, making Nicole jump and her headache increase each time he shouted at some of her classmates. At the end, she couldn't take it anymore. She pushed the chair back so hard that it fell on the floor and ran out of the classroom, ignoring Mr. Bree's voice ordering her to come back and her classmate's silly noises.

When she got out of the toilets after calming down a bit and having swallowed an aspirin for the headache, she came face to face with the principle and got an hour detention after school for the whole week.

And it was only Monday.

"Hey Nikki, what's up?" Nicole turned around to see Cassie's round face looking down at her with curiosity and concern. She signed and opened her mouth to speak but Cassie put a hand up to stop her from doing so and instead she tried to describe her best friend's day.

"Wait, wait, let me guess. Cameron woke you up with him singing along one of his heavy metal songs wich gave you a headache that lasted the whole day and got worse and worse during last period - maths. You ran out of the classroom because of the unbearable pain and got a detention after school for the whole week from the principle." Cassie smiled proudly when she saw Nicole gaping like a fish in the ocean.

"H-How did you know all that? You weren't in today." Nicole asked confused and a bit scared by her friend's knowledge of what had happened to her.

Maybe she was a stalker.

Cassie shrugged and said "Oh, you know. I'm a psychic" and then stuck her tongue out at Nicole and went over to another table to take the client's order.

Nicole sat there and watched her friend work while a smile was slowly spreading across her face and she continued to shake her head.

She should have known, Cassie had her spies to keep Nicole out of trouble.

***

The sky had cleared up and a faint and daring ray of sunlight made its ay towards New York, warming up a bit the cold and humid atmosphere.

Nicole was sitting at home, in her room, drinking a cup of chocolate and writing the final chapters to her secret book. It made her sad thinking that she was done writing about her beloved characters, it always seemed to finish too quickly.

Writers usually take a year to finish at least the fist draft of their book, but Nicole had always managed in a month, two was the maximum time. She didn't know why, it felt as if the characters were real, sitting at the back of her marriage mind and telling her what to write.

There were pictures too.

Picture of fights, of kisses, of hugs, and of tears. There were pictures of the scenes that were going to happen, like a movie. All she had to do was just describe the images while her characters acted the pucture out.

Done.

It was that simple.

And the words that she wrote, they didn't seem like her own. Nothing seemed like hers. But she couldn't dig further into this sensation.

She wouldn't.

She was just too attached to the characters and the story itself. She couldn't bare the thought of being separated from them.

Not now, not ever.

But the story was almost ending. But the adventure was almost ending. And her heart seemed to ache every time this thought came across her mind, sliding like a snake at the edges, cornering her up.

Nicole put the pen down, her hand aching.

But she didn't notice the pain.

She noticed the water drops on the paper.

She noticed her hands shaking, trembling under the silver moonlight.

She noticed hee cheeks being wet with unannounced tears

She noticed her palms being red from holding the pen so tight.

The noticed the ink spilling out of the pen because of the missing tip.

Signing, she decided to go to bed.

Maybe tomorrow would be a better day.

A/N

I don't know what to say. This chapter was just so empty...and unedited.

Yeah, it's unedited.

Sorry for that.

My computer broke so I'm using my phone and it's not easy and my parents are yelling at me threatening to take my phone away if I don't come downstairs and yelling that I'm a Internet addict.

Anyway, sorry for the unedited chapter, I'll fix it as soon as possible so please be patient and try to make sense out of this chaos ok?

Don't be mad, ok?

LOVE U♥♥♥

~Alice