Changing Will {2}

Start from the beginning

                “Hey Will,” Benji greeted.

                “Hey Benji,” Will said.

                He walked over and grabbed a handful of pizza rolls. Sonnet swatted his hand away impatiently.

                “Don’t you have class right now?” she asked, checking the time.

                “Yea,” he said, tossing a pizza roll into his mouth.

                “Mom and dad are going to kill you,” Sonnet pointed out.

                “That would be a shame if I actually gave a shit,” he said.

                “Well, rest in pieces fatass. I know I won’t miss you. Now go get your own food,” she said, shoving him away from the bowl of pizza rolls.

                “Bitch,” he said with a pout.

                He turned and made his way downstairs, disappearing out of sight. Benji frowned after him, looking worried.

                “He’s not acting like himself,” he said.

                “He’ll be fine Benji,” Sonnet said. “He’s just going through some Will-phase right now. That’s all it is.”

                But I could see the faint concern lurking in her expression. Even Sonnet was worried about her brother’s behavior.

                When we had finished eating the pizza rolls, Sonnet made a few bags of popcorn and led us back to her bedroom. She dug around her desk before sighing in annoyance.

                “Dammit. Benji, can you go get the DVD from Will? I forgot he was watching the movie last night,” she said.

                “I’ll go get it. Benji’s too busy playing tonsil hockey with his boy toy,” I said, standing up.

                Benji pulled away from Gideon’s face just long enough to stick his tongue out at me. Aw, I was touched. I was actually important enough for him to stop dry fucking his boyfriend just to stick his tongue out. How sweet.

                I left Sonnet’s bedroom and went down to Will’s. I knocked on the door and was met with silence. I knocked again.

                “Are you going to go away if I pretend I’m not here?” he called.

                “No,” I said, pushing the door open. “I’m a very persistent person.”

                “I need to remember to lock my door from now on. You keep drifting in,” he said.

                He was laying on his bed, his PS3 controller back in his hands. He had that same large box of Nerds next to him.

                “Why aren’t you at class?” I asked.

                “Why are you in my room?” he asked.

                “Because I was gifted with a very important mission.”

                “The movie is on my dresser. Grab it and get out, Ethan.”

                “So, why aren’t you at class?” I asked, leaning against his wall and crossing my arms.