Changing Will {2}

Start from the beginning

                “Because that’s normal,” I said.

                “Poor Will. I hope he’s okay,” Benji said with a frown.

                “He’ll be fine,” Sonnet assured.

                The bell rang and the three of us got up and went off to class. When the end of the day came, we all piled into Benji’s car and he drove us to Sonnet’s house.

                “Do you guys ever listen to anything besides Alesana?” I asked, moodily glancing out of the window. I liked Alesana, but they weren’t my favorite.

                “Nope,” Benji said.

                “Not a chance,” Gideon said, reaching over and turning the volume up.

                I shot him a glare. “Benji, you’re dating the devil.”

                “Greyson loves Alesana. So he doesn’t mind,” Gideon said cheerfully, Benji nodding in agreement next to him.

                I shook my head and went back to looking out of the window. It always confused me when Gideon called him Greyson. But Sonnet had told me that he’d done that for nearly eleven years, and it was something you got used to after a while.

                We pulled into Sonnet’s driveway and got out of the car, heading inside. We followed Sonnet up to her living room and dropped onto the couches.

                “I’m hungry. Get me food,” I commanded.

                “You’re always hungry,” Sonnet said and made her way into the kitchen.

                “She’s right; you’re always hungry. How the hell do you stay so skinny?” Benji asked.

                “The passion of my love burns off calories,” I said.

                “You’re such a pervert,” he said with a sigh.

                “You’re the one with the sexually active boyfriend,” I pointed out.

                Gideon blushed. “Please don’t remind me that I did those things with Judeikas,” he groaned.

                “I really hope you didn’t yell out ‘JUDEIKAS’ in the middle of sex, because that name is enough to ruin any mood,” I said.

                “We are not talking about this!” Benji said, clapping his hands over Gideon’s ears.

                Sonnet walked back out with food in her hands, surveyed the scene, and made an expression that said she seriously regretted her choice of friends.

                “Here,” she said, setting down a large bowl of pizza rolls.

                I eagerly snatched a pizza roll out of the bowl and ate it hungrily. After shooting me a suspicious look, Benji slowly pulled his hands away from Gideon’s ears and they also started to eat.

                The front door opened as Sonnet sat down. A minute later, Will appeared at the top of the stairs, looking over at us. He had a messenger bag hanging off of his shoulder haphazardly.

                He looked a little better than yesterday, but not by much. There dark bruises forming under his eyes. His hair was still a tangled mess. His jeans were faded and ripped at the bottom. He wore a T-shirt that was a little too big for him.